Nexus 4 went unresponsive

rahul singh4

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
My 1 week old nexus refuses to switch on. When I push the power button, nothing happens. I tried calling from another phone to mine, and it went to voicemail. I almost had an heart attack.
Then, I read somewhere, press the power and volume down key for long time. I did the same and some "weird" screen appeared showing the detail of the phone. I pressed the power button again and my phone started. Is this normal? What might have caused this? Should I contact support for help?
PS: I am new to android and have installed the usual apps (only from play store) like Facebook,flipboard and some games (Ingress). I am running the stock android and haven't rooted or flashed ROM.
PS1:Scenario leading to this---> I had 14% charge last night when I plugged in the charger and slept. It was kept on charging for the entire night. In the morning, I browsed flipboard/facebook for 10-15min, then made a call for 5 mins. The phone was left on the table for next 20-30 min and then it won't switch on.....
PS2: It had happened second time today. It was lying idle on the table. And when I tried to switch on the screen nothing happened. I pushed power button for 20-30 sec, and it rebooted.

The only common thing I can think of in this scenario: My phone was using Wifi both the time. In the day, when there was no Wifi, it worked fine. Has anyone else experienced this kind of behavious? Could it be related to the Wifi bug of 4.2. Should I perform a factory reset?

Last edited:

neanderth4l

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
I just had the same thing happen, but I have no solution for the cause.

I'm glad I say your thread otherwise I wouldn't have had a way to restart the phone.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2fedes