Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By PaulMilander
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default I want the nexus 4 so bad :(

But att has way better coverage than T-Mobile in my area. But I want T-Mobile because its speeds are crazy fast compared to att. Anyone using the N4 with att like the speeds?

Sent from my Sammy S3

Default Re: I want the nexus 4 so bad :(

Quote Originally Posted by maryjane2300 View Post
    But att has way better coverage than T-Mobile in my area. But I want T-Mobile because its speeds are crazy fast compared to att. Anyone using the N4 with att like the speeds?

Sent from my Sammy S3
    Ill know soon, ATT has way better coverage in my backwooods area, the TMO site said I would be lucky to get 2G... to me better overall coverage outranks better data speed
    chubb likes this.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by PaulMilander View Post
    Ill know soon, ATT has way better coverage in my backwooods area, the TMO site said I would be lucky to get 2G... to me better overall coverage outranks better data speed
    Very true. I really wish T-Mobile had better coverage in my area

Sent from my Sammy S3

Global Posts
    590 Global Posts
    ROM
    4.4 KitKat

Sent from my Sammy S3
    Speeds are fine. It might take 2Min to DL an 70MB Podcast. Other then that there is nothing else that takes more then a sec or so to load. These speeds are consistent where I travel. Canadian border to SC and out as far as Cincinnati.
    N5 Black 32GB (4.4.4), N4 (4.4.4), iphone 5 (ios 8), ONE+64GB, N7(5.0 "L") AT&T The Nexus 5 is so fast...I just finished the internet...The ending wasn't great...

Global Posts
    874 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Xoom, Nexus 4 AOKP

Sent from my Sammy S3
    Well what do you want? Phone service in more places, or faster speeds in less places? To me its more important to actually be able to make phone calls in 95%+ areas I'm in, than have faster internet 50% of the time.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

I took a step back from a Note on AT&T LTE with speeds of around 14mb. With the Nexus I get about 7 and don't notice difference. Streams things like you tube and Netflix fine. The Facebook app is just as clunky.

Run, do NOT walk, and get a Nexus 7. You can thank me later.
    Palm IIIxe, Handspring Prism, Sony CLie, Tapwave Zodiac, Centro(AT&T), Palm Pre Plus(AT&T), Nook Color, HP Touchpad-32, HP Veer, Samsung Galaxy Note(AT&T), Nexus 7 (32), Nexus 4 (16), Nexus 7 2013 LTE, Nexus 5 32

Sent from my Sammy S3
    I'm on AT&T through Straight Talk. I get around 4mb down and 1.5mb up. Im happy. But i'm on wifi 95% of the time so crazy data speeds aren't a huge deal for me.

Yeah, I 'downgraded' from LTE on my Lumia 900 to 4G on my Nexus 4, and the speed difference are noticeable. Although I didn't get anywhere near 15+mbps like some do, I can really notice the speed of loading websites and videos on the N4 running at only around 1-3mbps. Although the speeds are disappointing, I do sacrifice it for the smoothness, app selection, and overalll quality experience on the phone. But I sure wish there was LTE afterall.

I also have a Note 2 on ATT and I definitely notice the differences on speed compared to my N4. I can take it for a few days at a time but do not think I could walk away from LTE full time. I sure hope the next Nexus has LTE! The LTE screen shot is from my SGSIII last summer. I do not even do speed tests on LTE anymore, I know it is fast. The second is my N4 on HSPA+.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails I want the nexus 4 so bad :(-screenshot_2012-07-05-13-02-26.png   I want the nexus 4 so bad :(-screenshot_2013-02-02-13-49-19.png  
    Nexus 6 (64GB), Moto X 32GB Pure, iPhone 6 Plus Unlocked, OnePlus One (64GB),Xperia Z2, LG G3, Lumia 925 8.1 Cyan, Nexus 5 (32GB), Moto X (32GB), Lumia 1020, Google Edition S4, Galaxy S4 (32GB), S4 Active, Nexus 4, Note 2, Galaxy S3, Galaxy Note (ATT), Galaxy Note Intl., Galaxy S2 Skyrocket, Nexus S, Atrix 2, Atrix, Galaxy S1 Captivate, Nexus 7 (32GB), iPad 4, Dell Venue Pro 8, iPad Air 2

I am using N4 with ATT. mind you I am still on contract with ATT. sold my other phone
    Banned

Global Posts
    2,518 Global Posts
    ROM
    Muzzyz 4.2.1 build

Yeah as far as I seen att has the fastest lte.

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy Nexus rockin 4.2.1 using Tapatalk 2