Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Charge cycle?

Hey all...

I wanted to know how often do u charge your device..?

I mean..do u still keep it plugged in if the battery meter shows 87%?
    Or only when it turns orange?
    Is it a good habit to keep it plugged in all the time?

Sent from my Π Σ Χ U S 4.

Global Posts
    1,826 Global Posts
    ROM
    Android 5.0 Lollipop

Default Re: Charge cycle?

Quote Originally Posted by X 0 N 0 D E View Post
    Hey all...

I charge mine as needed. Don't let it go below 15% on a regular basis though.

Hey all...

I usually start searching for someplace to charge at around 25%. My phone almost never goes below 15%. Also I do a charge every night overnight while I sleep and then one at work that I usually only charge about 50% from like 25% to 75% or so.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Quote Originally Posted by ryanr509 View Post
    I usually start searching for someplace to charge at around 25%. My phone almost never goes below 15%. Also I do a charge every night overnight while I sleep and then one at work that I usually only charge about 50% from like 25% to 75% or so.

That's more or less like me...its not a bad thing right to start charging at 30%?

I charge mine each night regardless of battery percentage. If I leave it overnight so its low the next day then I could be in a position where my battery is going to die when I rrally need it. Like if my car breaks down or something. Batteries are good nowdays, it doesn't matter so much when you charge it

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Android Central Forums

ROM
    LiquidSmooth

It doesnt really matter if you continuously charge these types of batteries. It is best to actually start charging around 20-30% and to take the phone off charge around 80%

In the beginning, I cycled my charge from full to under 10% for about 5 times straight... mostly due to old paranoia no longer valid.

Now, I have the orb. I just let it sit on there and never even think about charging it unless I am out of the house and close to the edge.

That's more or less like me...its not a bad thing right to start charging at 30%?

Nope. These batteries have no memory. Its actually good like said above to start charging before your low battery warning. And to pull off as soon as it hits 100%. I've always let my phones charge overnight and haven't had any problems

Usually just overnight while I'm sleeping. I don't use mine enough to drain the battery before the day is over.

Serious question for you guys. What kind of jobs do you guys do where you have so much time to use the phone? I don't think I've ever used the battery on any of my phones to a point where I needed to charge it before the end of the day, because I have work to do? Yet I see people on here complaining constantly that battery dies fast. Don't y'all have school or work during the day?

Quote Originally Posted by bigtime2 View Post
    Usually just overnight while I'm sleeping. I don't use mine enough to drain the battery before the day is over.

Serious question for you guys. What kind of jobs do you guys do where you have so much time to use the phone? I don't think I've ever used the battery on any of my phones to a point where I needed to charge it before the end of the day, because I have work to do? Yet I see people on here complaining constantly that battery dies fast. Don't y'all have school or work during the day?
    Some people (like myself) use it for work (I'm out of the office quite a bit so email on the go is essential). I normally make it through a whole day but it happens where I'll need to just give it a quick boost to make it through till I get home. Best 10 bucks spent: car charger!

Quote Originally Posted by adam514 View Post
    Some people (like myself) use it for work (I'm out of the office quite a bit so email on the go is essential). I normally make it through a whole day but it happens where I'll need to just give it a quick boost to make it through till I get home. Best 10 bucks spent: car charger!

I drain my down to about 70% before I even get to work. And I work 11 hour shifts as a machinist. Lots of spare time at work with lunches breaks and what not. Sorry quoted the wrong post

Quote Originally Posted by bigtime2 View Post

Also when I worked my previous job at an aluminum smelter there was zero time to play with your phone except lunches and breaks so I'd maybe get 30 minutes of play time with it in a 12 hour shift. Just depends on your job really. Some people have spare time. Some people use it for work.