- 2 Posts
Nexus 4 randomly shuts down and loses battery charge
I've had my Nexus 4 for about a month now and I have an issue that keeps happening. About 90% of the time when I go to sleep and I don't keep my Nexus connected to the charger it will turn off. The next morning when I want to turn it on again it takes way too long (about 1 minute of pressing the power button) to get it to turn on again. When it's finally on the battery charge is drastically lower. Usually about 50% lower than it should be. imgur: the simple image sharer (This was this morning, look at the drop). I've tried recalibrating my battery many times but it hasn't helped. I've had this happen about 3-4 times during the day but more often during the night, I suspect it has something to do with inactivity. I wanted to contact Google Support about this but I live in the Netherlands and ordered this phone via an american friend of mine. The the only way to contact google support is via an american phone number. Any of you guys have some experience with this issue, or even better know a fix for it? Or alternatively, a way for me to contact Google for a RMA? I could use my friend as a proxy but I would prefer to save him the trouble since he's done me such a big favour already.
- 02-16-2013, 03:14 PM #2
Re: Nexus 4 randomly shuts down and loses battery charge
Maybe the newest OS update (4.2.2) will help, but in the mean time, why don't you just plug the phone in at night. The way you describe the problem, this only happens when you're not plugged in. I know that doesn't uncover the problem, but in its own way, it still fixes it.Semper Fi
I love my LG G4!
Take better pictures with your cell phone camera...http://www.bigshotmoms.com/
- By AndroidOsAppsandMore in forum Google Nexus 7 Tablet (2012)Replies: 20Last Post: 09-14-2014, 09:35 PM
- By Kaoxt in forum Google / Samsung Galaxy NexusReplies: 72Last Post: 05-07-2012, 12:39 PM
- By MarqBland in forum HTC EVO 4GReplies: 6Last Post: 06-07-2010, 10:25 AM
- By prncssmelissa in forum Samsung MomentReplies: 2Last Post: 12-29-2009, 09:12 PM
- By bmderuosi in forum Motorola DroidReplies: 8Last Post: 11-14-2009, 07:30 AM