Nexus 4 randomly shuts down and loses battery charge

aliendydo

Feb 16, 2013
Visit site
I've had my Nexus 4 for about a month now and I have an issue that keeps happening. About 90% of the time when I go to sleep and I don't keep my Nexus connected to the charger it will turn off. The next morning when I want to turn it on again it takes way too long (about 1 minute of pressing the power button) to get it to turn on again. When it's finally on the battery charge is drastically lower. Usually about 50% lower than it should be. imgur: the simple image sharer (This was this morning, look at the drop). I've tried recalibrating my battery many times but it hasn't helped. I've had this happen about 3-4 times during the day but more often during the night, I suspect it has something to do with inactivity. I wanted to contact Google Support about this but I live in the Netherlands and ordered this phone via an american friend of mine. The the only way to contact google support is via an american phone number. Any of you guys have some experience with this issue, or even better know a fix for it? Or alternatively, a way for me to contact Google for a RMA? I could use my friend as a proxy but I would prefer to save him the trouble since he's done me such a big favour already.

Last edited:

greydarrah

May 5, 2010
Visit site
Maybe the newest OS update (4.2.2) will help, but in the mean time, why don't you just plug the phone in at night. The way you describe the problem, this only happens when you're not plugged in. I know that doesn't uncover the problem, but in its own way, it still fixes it.

aliendydo

Feb 16, 2013
Visit site
Yeah I'm doing that right now. Sometimes I don't charge it to see if the problem has receded but it almost never has. I have high hopes for the update.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol