Arrrrgh. Micro sims and straight talk......

waxwabbit

Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
So I went to Walmart. I got a $45 unlimited ST card.

There were no micro sims........

After an annoying time prior to that in T-Mobile (salesman up selling and telling me incorrect info, about there being no $30 100min, 5gb 4g package) I eventually got hold of a $10 micro sim.

But now from reading up, it would seem I can't use this on ST. I was sure I read about picking one up in the store...?

Can someone clear this up please? Can I use this? I was going to get the online activation kit, but read of someone saying they didn't get their code to activate it - hence me going into the shop.

Soon we wilI have 2 n4 s. Wife and me. I was gonna try out t mobile, she was gonna use at & t ST.

I'm quite peeved with the in store shenanigans of t mobile.....I am tempted to just go with ST at t

But for now, I'd appreciate some clarification

Cheers

Lee

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

PaulMilander

Jan 28, 2013
Visit site
So I went to Walmart. I got a $45 unlimited ST card.

There were no micro sims........

After an annoying time prior to that in T-Mobile (salesman up selling and telling me incorrect info, about there being no $30 100min, 5gb 4g package) I eventually got hold of a $10 micro sim.

But now from reading up, it would seem I can't use this on ST. I was sure I read about picking one up in the store...?

Can someone clear this up please? Can I use this? I was going to get the online activation kit, but read of someone saying they didn't get their code to activate it - hence me going into the shop.

Soon we wilI have 2 n4 s. Wife and me. I was gonna try out t mobile, she was gonna use at & t ST.

I'm quite peeved with the in store shenanigans of t mobile.....I am tempted to just go with ST at t

Cheers

Lee

I ordered my ST Micro Sim (ATT or could choose TMO) with a $45.00 card and activation kit in a bundle from Walmart.com. I placed the order on Thursday and it is to arrive on Monday. If you are using ST you need their sim card but you have to choose ATT or TMO. My card for the phone time was sent to me via email with the security numbers, just the Micro Sim arrives via FedEx

boparunsxc

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
ST doesn't have any ATT sims available on their website (at least in my area) so I had to buy one off eBay. A little bit more expensive than directly from ST (I think I ended up paying $25) but worth the time I saved waiting for the card to go back in stock at ST. T-mo micros were available when I checked yesterday, though.
As mentioned by the previous poster, a sim directly from ATT or T-mo will not work with ST, you have to buy an ST sim that is compatible with one of the networks.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

mrplayer66

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
You have to use ST talk sim cards with their service, you cannot use an ATT or Tmobile sim card with ST Talk. Easiest thing to do for you is to ask for someone to cut the sim card for you or buy a cutter from Amazon, that's what I did.

greydarrah

May 5, 2010
Visit site
I'm on the direct tmo $30 plan and love the service (coming from Verizon), but having had nothing but problems (daily throttling) from ST AT&T for my wifes N4, I would recommend you try Solavei for your tmo testing. Their plan is just like ST's but I never hear anything but good stuff from their users. I ended up putting my wife on the $60 tmo plan (after leaving ST) and will probably migrate her to the Solavei as well. It's only my personal experience, but ST is exactly what you should expect from walmart...cheap sh1t.

mrplayer66

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I began to be throttled after a week of having service with ST ATT, it was ridiculous, I decided to stay with tmobile and I can't complain.
I'm on the direct tmo $30 plan and love the service (coming from Verizon), but having had nothing but problems (daily throttling) from ST AT&T for my wifes N4, I would recommend you try Solavei for your tmo testing. Their plan is just like ST's but I never hear anything but good stuff from their users. I ended up putting my wife on the $60 tmo plan (after leaving ST) and will probably migrate her to the Solavei as well. It's only my personal experience, but ST is exactly what you should expect from walmart...cheap sh1t.

PaulMilander

Jan 28, 2013
Visit site

Straight Talk is owned by Trac Phone... It seems that ST works well for some and not others, it also seems to depend on if its a ATT ST or a TMO ST..this is what I love so much about this phone..dont like how your sevice is, boom new month, new service provider.. I live in the sticks and am forced to use the ATT ST

Kevin Harvell

May 31, 2012
Visit site
Walmart has both T-Mobile and AT&T sims online for $15.

I'm trying T-Mobile prepaid to see how it goes and so far so good.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Jerfer

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site
Walmart is sold out of Micro SIMs so the only place to get them is eBay. They're not sold out of Standard SIMs yet though, so you could get one of those and cut it to size.

Tall Mike 2145

Feb 8, 2013
Visit site
I've been using T-Mo's $30/mo service and it's been awesome. In fact, coming from Sprint, it's equal to or better than Sprint's service, which I was paying $80/mo for (with taxes). T-Mo's is $30 plus just local sales tax. In my case, that makes it $31.80, which is an ~$50/mo savings.

runtmms

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site

I'm quite peeved with the in store shenanigans of t mobile.....

Cheers

Lee

I think the problem your having with T-Mobile and the salesman is because that $30 plan isn't available in stores. It's available online and at Walmart.

I could be wrong, but I believe if you have a new T-Mobile micro sim in hand you should be able to go to their website and activate it on that $30 plan.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

waxwabbit

Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
So.....

Order sim kit via Walmart for ST.....pick either at t or t mobile ( whenever they r back in stock)

How come when I go to Walmart - ST and find their t mobile activation sim kit, on the next page it says its not comparable with ST??

To Activate your service, you will need a Service PIN. You may purchase a Service PIN with a Debit card or Credit card.
You will need a compatible GSM T-Mobile phone. You may also use an Unlocked GSM phone compatible with T-Mobile.
This program/offering does not work with Straight Talk, TracFone, NET10, SafeLink, Telcel America, BlackBerry and/or CDMA phones (i.e. Sprint, Metro PCS).
No Refunds will be issued for this SIM Card or Airtime PIN purchases.
In order for your phone's INTERNET and MULTIMEDIA/PICTURE MESSAGING to work, you will need to update your phone?s APN (Access Point Name) settings by following a few simple steps. These settings can be found on our website at apn.straighttalksim.com.
Updating your APN settings does not guarantee MMS (Multimedia/Picture Messaging) will work. MM dependent upon your phone model?s limitations.

Or, get sim card for t mobile - but have to cut it down to micro sim size.....then u can call up t mobile and do their $30 deal - right? ( this is different to the ST Walmart deal isnt it)?

Sorry to be so baffled?........

Lee

PaulMilander

Jan 28, 2013
Visit site
So.....

Order sim kit via Walmart for ST.....pick either at t or t mobile ( whenever they r back in stock)

How come when I go to Walmart - ST and find their t mobile activation sim kit, on the next page it says its not comparable with ST??

To Activate your service, you will need a Service PIN. You may purchase a Service PIN with a Debit card or Credit card.
You will need a compatible GSM T-Mobile phone. You may also use an Unlocked GSM phone compatible with T-Mobile.
This program/offering does not work with Straight Talk, TracFone, NET10, SafeLink, Telcel America, BlackBerry and/or CDMA phones (i.e. Sprint, Metro PCS).
No Refunds will be issued for this SIM Card or Airtime PIN purchases.
In order for your phone's INTERNET and MULTIMEDIA/PICTURE MESSAGING to work, you will need to update your phone?s APN (Access Point Name) settings by following a few simple steps. These settings can be found on our website at apn.straighttalksim.com.
Updating your APN settings does not guarantee MMS (Multimedia/Picture Messaging) will work. MM dependent upon your phone model?s limitations.

Or, get sim card for t mobile - but have to cut it down to micro sim size.....then u can call up t mobile and do their $30 deal - right? ( this is different to the ST Walmart deal isnt it)?

Sorry to be so baffled?........

Lee

Because the one is through T-Mobile only, that's why it won't work with ST and Tracphone.. ST uses the towers of tmo, Verizon, att etc.. so in fact you can buy a activation kit for T-Mobile or go through ST and use T-Mobile but fall under the rules of ST

Sent from my HTC One V using Android Central Forums

waxwabbit

Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
Hmmmmm

So can I use the micro sim from the t mob store and order the $30 package from t mob online?

waxwabbit

Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
I ordered desperately on 10 and 12 Feb

Haven't heard anything yet

They bill when shipped I believe......

waxwabbit

Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
To paul:

I don't understand why on the straight talk site - sim cards - enter unlocked gsm phone - enter zip - it then shows the piece I referenced before about not being for straight talk??? Its on the ST website? How else do u get the sim?

Is that different to a new activation sim kit? ( the ones out of stock)

;(

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phantom3SE