Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree47Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Had to laugh - "We've never heard of Google"

I was in TMobile today, switching over from the contract to prepaid, and someone brought back an N4 8gb phone. When asked why, they told the salesman "we have never heard of Google, oure friends havent either, get a Samsung."

So when the salesman asked what they use for a search engine, they looked at each other like deer caught in headlights. It all came down to either paying more for a Samsung phone or getting a case for the N4. When they heard the difference in price, they elected to keep the phone and just buy the case instead.
    Thanked by 3:
    yfan, jroc, Citizen Coyote and 7 others like this.

Default Re: Had to laugh - "We've never heard of Google"

Wow, really? People like that get to have access to a Nexus 4 while I have to jump through so many hoops to get my hands on one?

Quote Originally Posted by Shannon Primeaux View Post
    Wow, really? People like that get to have access to a Nexus 4 while I have to jump through so many hoops to get my hands on one?
    Just pay full retail, you can get one at any Tmobile store.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

Quote Originally Posted by gone down south View Post
    I've been thinking of doing that very thing.

Hasn't the N4 been in stock on Google Play Store for like two weeks now?

Quote Originally Posted by DeadpoolJunior View Post
    Hasn't the N4 been in stock on Google Play Store for like two weeks now?
    The site says one thing and the overall experience of actually ordering one and getting the status of your order is quite another.

ROM
    Stock Xoom, Nexus 4 AOKP

The site says one thing and the overall experience of actually ordering one and getting the status of your order is quite another.
    Ordered 2 16 GB ones the day the came back in stock. Ordered on a Tuesday, had the phones three days later on Friday. Well worth waiting a few days to save $200 per phone.
    ConTejas and Darth Spock like this.

Bokeh4me...love the handle what kind of glass are u shooting? :-)

Nexus 5/Moto X

Never hearing of "Bing" or "Ask Jeeves", maybe...but Google? C'mon now.
    That's pretty ridiculous close to impossible.

Thanked by 2:
    Evokenjroc 

Quote Originally Posted by chubb View Post
    Ordered 2 16 GB ones the day the came back in stock. Ordered on a Tuesday, had the phones three days later on Friday. Well worth waiting a few days to save $200 per phone.
    That's great that you have a pleasant experience. Unfortunately, there are some people (like myself) who just can't seem to understand why our orders seem to be stuck in limbo w/o any support from Google. I will try again, though, on Monday. When you ordered, what shipping estimate did you receive? The 2-3 week or 1-2 week? I'm going to try to order the 16 GB this time around and see if there's any difference.

Quote Originally Posted by gone down south View Post

How much is full retail where you are? The Walmart where I live has full retail price for Nexus 4 at either $500 or $600.

Now these prices could also vary from a T-Mobile store itself, so if someone can clarify please do so.

Sorry cannot remember exact price

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

Quote Originally Posted by soma4society View Post
    Bokeh4me...love the handle what kind of glass are u shooting? :-)

Nikon here, D3200.
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

That's great that you have a pleasant experience. Unfortunately, there are some people (like myself) who just can't seem to understand why our orders seem to be stuck in limbo w/o any support from Google. I will try again, though, on Monday. When you ordered, what shipping estimate did you receive? The 2-3 week or 1-2 week? I'm going to try to order the 16 GB this time around and see if there's any difference.
    I ordered 2-16gb models on 2/9, told 2-3 week wait. Got email on 2/14 saying one was being delivered that day, the other one came on the 15th.

ROM
    Stock Xoom, Nexus 4 AOKP

I was given 2 weeks. Had weird billing issues where they took the hold off the day it shipped, but didn't take the money until a week after having the phones. Other than that I had no issues. Sorry to hear others are.

Global Posts
    5,772 Global Posts
    ROM
    Assassin 'Droid

If you live in 2013 and you know who SAMSUNG is but have never heard of Google, I feel everyone who HAS heard of Google should have the right to punch you in the face! Or at minimum, deny you that sweet Nexus 4 that you DO NOT DESERVE TO TOUCH!
    Testement#WN likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by NothingIsTrue View Post
    I feel everyone who HAS heard of Google should have the right to punch you in the face! Or at minimum, deny you that sweet Nexus 4
    Definitely agree, I'd be down for doing either if I was the store sales person.
    Darth Spock and MERCDROID like this.

@ OP: Out of curiosity, what area of the country are you in?

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin_STLTechTalk View Post
    How much is full retail where you are? The Walmart where I live has full retail price for Nexus 4 at either $500 or $600.

Now these prices could also vary from a T-Mobile store itself, so if someone can clarify please do so.

Sorry cannot remember exact price

I dint know Walmart was selling the N4 and I work for them lol

I know I have said this elsewhere, and I am loathe to repeat myself, but I'll keep it short:

The Nexus 4 is to me a fantastic phone, and one that I've been waiting for, figuratively and literally, for a long time. But there's no way in the world I'd pay a $200 convenience fee to get one. No smartphone is worth $500+ to me.
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by Tall Mike 2145 View Post
    I know I have said this elsewhere, and I am loathe to repeat myself, but I'll keep it short:

The Nexus 4 is to me a fantastic phone, and one that I've been waiting for, figuratively and literally, for a long time. But there's no way in the world I'd pay a $200 convenience fee to get one. No smartphone is worth $500+ to me.
    Woah, I didn't know that. I thought $299/$349 were the respective prices - period. But if they're being sold for hundreds more at these retail stores, forget it. Whose wise idea was that? LG's?
    Darth Spock likes this.

From reading I've done, it's my understanding that Google is selling the Nexus 4s with a very low profit margin on them, deliberately, to encourage people to buy and upgrade themselves to a Google "experience". And hey, I'm a poor college student myself, and so you won't hear me complain about paying less (duh!)

Tmobile store prices are $150 over Play Store, because Google is subsiding the phones they sell.

And Walmart doesn't sell the N4. The Galaxy Nexus, maybe, but not the Nexus 4.

Wow, that is unbelievable. I wonder if they have heard of Apple...the phone not the fruit...lol.
  24. Thread Author  Thread Author    #24  

Quote Originally Posted by Lanhoj View Post
    @ OP: Out of curiosity, what area of the country are you in?
    I'm here in the U.S., just outside of St Paul, MN

Global Posts
    808 Global Posts

Woah, I didn't know that. I thought $299/$349 were the respective prices - period. But if they're being sold for hundreds more at these retail stores, forget it. Whose wise idea was that? LG's?
    Other retailers may not be getting the same deal from LG as Google is. Also, Google is likely heavily subsidizing the phones you buy from the play store.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast