Questions about side loading 4.2.2

chrispher86

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I haven't gotten 4.2.2 yet. I downloaded the SDK file from the Google devs website and the update file itself. I read that you need to check and make sure the adb works on your computer first. I opened the command prompt in windows and typed in adb devices. Windows says "adb is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file". How do I proceed from here?

Sent from my Nexus 4

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
I haven't gotten 4.2.2 yet. I downloaded the SDK file from the Google devs website and the update file itself. I read that you need to check and make sure the adb works on your computer first. I opened the command prompt in windows and typed in adb devices. Windows says "adb is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file". How do I proceed from here?

Sent from my Nexus 4
you have to be on fastboot folder cmd prompt for adb to work.
i assume you installed sdk on default folder here C:\Users\[your PC account]\AppData\Local\Android\android-sdk\platform-tools\
on that folder press shift+right click-->open command window here

chrispher86

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Have you tried clearing the App Data from "Google Services Framework"?

I did a force stop but I didn't clear the data because I been reading about problems that people were having with Google Play and all that so I'll just wait till I get home and connect to a WiFi network. If I don't get the ota by then I'll just side load it.

Sent from my Nexus 4