- 4 Posts
WiFi Hotspot name seen by PC
I have a Nexus 4 with the TMobile $25/5gb addon tethering plan. I have a laptop and
a carcomputer both using Windows 7. I "Set up Wi-Fi hotspot", set Network SSID to some
name such as "NETWORK". Security is WPA2 PSK. Set the password, save and turn it on.
The PCs see NETWORK and I set them to connect automatically and choose Home network.
They connect just fine and everything works great. Then, the next time I turn it on, the PCs
see NETWORK 2 and I have to again choose Home or Public network. I don't have to reenter
the password though. The next time, the PCs will see it as NETWORK 3 and I have to choose Home
or Public again.
On my Nexus One the PCs would just always connect in the background without any interaction
from me after the first time. Is this some setting I'm doing wrong on the phone or something with
- 4 Posts
Re: WiFi Hotspot name seen by PC
So, to answer my own post! I did some more searching and came across a great answer on
another website. The poster said that the default hotspot apps usually use the service provider's gateway
while 3rd party apps set the device as the gateway. Switched back to using PDAnet again as I did on
the Nexus One, and it connects the way I'm used to.
- By BurgesS in forum Software Development and HackingReplies: 15Last Post: 09-07-2010, 08:26 AM
- By airauto in forum HTC EVO 4G Rooting, ROMs, and HacksReplies: 11Last Post: 08-09-2010, 07:49 PM
- By Josh K in forum HTC EVO 4G Rooting, ROMs, and HacksReplies: 5Last Post: 05-30-2010, 02:18 PM
- By Josh K in forum HTC EVO 4G Rooting, ROMs, and HacksReplies: 2Last Post: 05-25-2010, 03:09 PM
- By atsoca in forum Motorola DroidReplies: 2Last Post: 02-10-2010, 03:13 PM