For all those who still haven't got 4.2.2

Sheaf666

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Ok, 4.2.2 came out last week and I still hadn't got it.
Not the end of the world, but seeing as I know others have got it (in the same area, without even having a SIM in) then I wanted to make sure it would actually work.

All the searching I did resulted in advice about going into recovery and manually installing it.

However, I found there's a much easier method.

Firstly - you need to be on Wifi. It's wifi only until the 19th Feb.
I wasn't so I got around this my making my work phone a hotspot. Just borrow somebody elses mobile data :p

Anyway, you can force it to do the OTA update by simply going to Settings, Apps, All Apps, Google Framework Services.
Hit Force Stop. Then Hit Clear Data.

This will remove the previous data about updates.

Got to Settings, About Phone, System Updates. Hit Check Now.

It'll now actually see the update and download.

Hope this helps.

corolla90

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Anyway, you can force it to do the OTA update by simply going to Settings, Apps, All Apps, Google Framework Services.

Hope this helps.

This worked, thanks!!!

Wireless Gadget

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Ok, 4.2.2 came out last week and I still hadn't got it.
Not the end of the world, but seeing as I know others have got it (in the same area, without even having a SIM in) then I wanted to make sure it would actually work.

All the searching I did resulted in advice about going into recovery and manually installing it.

However, I found there's a much easier method.

Firstly - you need to be on Wifi. It's wifi only until the 19th Feb.
I wasn't so I got around this my making my work phone a hotspot. Just borrow somebody elses mobile data :p

Hope this helps.

Thanks for pointing this out, on the Google Services Framework if you uncheck "Show Notifications" the notification to install the pesky update for 4.2.2 disappears.. this was what I was looking for so that I don't click on the update to 4.2.2 by mistake.
I'm one of the few that does not want to update my Nexus 4 to this lastest version yet. I'm happy with 4.2.1

gnr_2

Oct 13, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for pointing this out, on the Google Services Framework if you uncheck "Show Notifications" the notification to install the pesky update for 4.2.2 disappears.. this was what I was looking for so that I don't click on the update to 4.2.2 by mistake.
I'm one of the few that does not want to update my Nexus 4 to this lastest version yet. I'm happy with 4.2.1
THANK YOU! I'm convinced that *not* updating to 4.2.1 has been making my normally stable phone do very strange things. And in defense of the OP, because of the way the forums are divided, ie by carrier/phone/tablet, it makes since that he wouldn't have seen the postings in the Google Galaxy Nexus phone forum (or where ever), if he/she doesn't have one. As such, I'm copying your useful post about getting rid of the notification in one of the various Sprint Galaxy Nexus 4.2.1 threads. :p

Sent from my totally awesome Sprint Galaxy Nexus, even if I don't know all its secrets yet.

Last edited:

nishiko

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
Sheaf,

Thank you so much! I also did not know about this, despite considerable searching. It worked like a charm, and I am very grateful to you for taking the time to share this with others! Hats off!

gnr_2

Oct 13, 2012
Visit site
THANK YOU! I'm convinced that *not* updating to 4.2.1 has been making my normally stable phone do very strange things. And in defense of the OP, because of the way the forums are divided, ie by carrier/phone/tablet, it makes since that he wouldn't have seen the postings in the Google Galaxy Nexus phone forum (or where ever), if he/she doesn't have one. As such, I'm copying your useful post about getting rid of the notification in one of the various Sprint Galaxy Nexus 4.2.1 threads. :p

Sent from my totally awesome Sprint Galaxy Nexus, even if I don't know all its secrets yet.
It didn't work. The notification in the notification area doesn't pop up, but the notice on the screen still does. :( Maybe Google Framework has to be disabled altogether. Would that mess up anything else?

royalpig180

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
This worked for me, though I had to go clear the services data twice to get it to come through.

Now that I've done that, what did clearing that data mess up? :D

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
seniorengineerdood