Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 26
Like Tree4Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default For all those who still haven't got 4.2.2

    Ok, 4.2.2 came out last week and I still hadn't got it.
    Not the end of the world, but seeing as I know others have got it (in the same area, without even having a SIM in) then I wanted to make sure it would actually work.

    All the searching I did resulted in advice about going into recovery and manually installing it.

    However, I found there's a much easier method.

    Firstly - you need to be on Wifi. It's wifi only until the 19th Feb.
    I wasn't so I got around this my making my work phone a hotspot. Just borrow somebody elses mobile data :P

    Anyway, you can force it to do the OTA update by simply going to Settings, Apps, All Apps, Google Framework Services.
    Hit Force Stop. Then Hit Clear Data.

    This will remove the previous data about updates.

    Got to Settings, About Phone, System Updates. Hit Check Now.

    It'll now actually see the update and download.

    Hope this helps.
    Thanked by 4:
  2. #2  

    Default Re: For all those who still haven't got 4.2.2

    No offense, but this has been posted a million times.
    Chex313 and Rizy7 like this.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

    Default Re: For all those who still haven't got 4.2.2

    Really? I looked and looked and couldn't find it.
    All I could find was info about 'sideloading'? and updating via USB.
  4. #4  
    chubb's Avatar

    Posts
    874 Posts
    ROM
    Stock Xoom, Nexus 4 AOKP

    Default Re: For all those who still haven't got 4.2.2

    http://forums.androidcentral.com/sho....php?p=2587165

    There is the latest one. But it seems at lot of people are having problems doing it that way.

    Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
  5. #5  
    Chimpware's Avatar

    Posts
    20 Posts
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts

    Default Re: For all those who still haven't got 4.2.2

    Worked for me first try. Was getting frustrated that I still didn't have update last night so gave it a shot.
  6. #6  

    Default Re: For all those who still haven't got 4.2.2

    How do you know it is wi-fi only until 2/19?
  7. #7  

    Default Re: For all those who still haven't got 4.2.2

    That message is seen when getting the update.
  8. #8  
    Chex313's Avatar

    Posts
    513 Posts
    Global Posts
    522 Global Posts
    ROM
    4.4 KitKat

    Default Re: For all those who still haven't got 4.2.2

    Quote Originally Posted by starter15 View Post
    No offense, but this has been posted a million times.
    (In the past week)
    N5 Black 32GB 4.4.2(I love this thing!!), N4 (4.4.2), iphone 5, etc., N7(4.4.2) AT&T(2 Unlimited Plan's) The Nexus 5 is so fast...I just finished the internet...The ending wasn't great...
    Thanked by:
  9. #9  
    corolla90's Avatar

    Posts
    232 Posts
    Global Posts
    279 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM10

    Default Re: For all those who still haven't got 4.2.2

    Quote Originally Posted by Sheaf666 View Post
    Anyway, you can force it to do the OTA update by simply going to Settings, Apps, All Apps, Google Framework Services.
    Hit Force Stop. Then Hit Clear Data.

    This will remove the previous data about updates.

    Got to Settings, About Phone, System Updates. Hit Check Now.

    It'll now actually see the update and download.

    Hope this helps.
    This worked, thanks!!!
  10. #10  

    Default Re: For all those who still haven't got 4.2.2

    Quote Originally Posted by Sheaf666 View Post
    Ok, 4.2.2 came out last week and I still hadn't got it.
    Not the end of the world, but seeing as I know others have got it (in the same area, without even having a SIM in) then I wanted to make sure it would actually work.

    All the searching I did resulted in advice about going into recovery and manually installing it.

    However, I found there's a much easier method.

    Firstly - you need to be on Wifi. It's wifi only until the 19th Feb.
    I wasn't so I got around this my making my work phone a hotspot. Just borrow somebody elses mobile data :P

    Anyway, you can force it to do the OTA update by simply going to Settings, Apps, All Apps, Google Framework Services.
    Hit Force Stop. Then Hit Clear Data.

    This will remove the previous data about updates.

    Got to Settings, About Phone, System Updates. Hit Check Now.

    It'll now actually see the update and download.

    Hope this helps.
    Thanks for pointing this out, on the Google Services Framework if you uncheck "Show Notifications" the notification to install the pesky update for 4.2.2 disappears.. this was what I was looking for so that I don't click on the update to 4.2.2 by mistake.
    I'm one of the few that does not want to update my Nexus 4 to this lastest version yet. I'm happy with 4.2.1
    Thanked by:
    gnr_2 
    gnr_2 likes this.
  11. #11  

    Default Re: For all those who still haven't got 4.2.2

    Quote Originally Posted by Wireless Gadget View Post
    Thanks for pointing this out, on the Google Services Framework if you uncheck "Show Notifications" the notification to install the pesky update for 4.2.2 disappears.. this was what I was looking for so that I don't click on the update to 4.2.2 by mistake.
    I'm one of the few that does not want to update my Nexus 4 to this lastest version yet. I'm happy with 4.2.1
    THANK YOU! I'm convinced that *not* updating to 4.2.1 has been making my normally stable phone do very strange things. And in defense of the OP, because of the way the forums are divided, ie by carrier/phone/tablet, it makes since that he wouldn't have seen the postings in the Google Galaxy Nexus phone forum (or where ever), if he/she doesn't have one. As such, I'm copying your useful post about getting rid of the notification in one of the various Sprint Galaxy Nexus 4.2.1 threads.

    Sent from my totally awesome Sprint Galaxy Nexus, even if I don't know all its secrets yet.
    Last edited by gnr_2; 02-18-2013 at 09:33 PM.
    Thanked by:
  12. #12  

    Default Re: For all those who still haven't got 4.2.2

    I'm waiting for Verizon to release update, am I getting an update coming or not?
  13. #13  
    njasmine1's Avatar

    Posts
    1 Posts
    Global Posts
    3 Global Posts

    Default Re: For all those who still haven't got 4.2.2

    Thanks.
  14. #14  

    Default Re: For all those who still haven't got 4.2.2

    Sheaf,

    Thank you so much! I also did not know about this, despite considerable searching. It worked like a charm, and I am very grateful to you for taking the time to share this with others! Hats off!
    karmamule likes this.
  15. #15  

    Default Re: For all those who still haven't got 4.2.2

    Quote Originally Posted by Shirke View Post
    I'm waiting for Verizon to release update, am I getting an update coming or not?
    This thread is regarding Nexus 4, which isn't on Verizon's network...so no, Verizon will never release an update for a phone that doesn't work on its network.
  16. #16  

    Default Re: For all those who still haven't got 4.2.2

    Quote Originally Posted by gnr_2 View Post
    THANK YOU! I'm convinced that *not* updating to 4.2.1 has been making my normally stable phone do very strange things. And in defense of the OP, because of the way the forums are divided, ie by carrier/phone/tablet, it makes since that he wouldn't have seen the postings in the Google Galaxy Nexus phone forum (or where ever), if he/she doesn't have one. As such, I'm copying your useful post about getting rid of the notification in one of the various Sprint Galaxy Nexus 4.2.1 threads.

    Sent from my totally awesome Sprint Galaxy Nexus, even if I don't know all its secrets yet.
    It didn't work. The notification in the notification area doesn't pop up, but the notice on the screen still does. Maybe Google Framework has to be disabled altogether. Would that mess up anything else?

    Sent from my totally awesome Sprint Galaxy Nexus, even if I don't know all its secrets yet.
  17. #17  

    Default Re: For all those who still haven't got 4.2.2

    now it says via wi fi only until feb 20th
  18. #18  

    Default Re: For all those who still haven't got 4.2.2

    Thanks to all!!!
    Still as of today 2/19/13 you can get the update this way. I just did!
  19. #19  
    badbrad17's Avatar

    Posts
    3,284 Posts
    ROM
    Stock JB 4.4 Rooted

    Default Re: For all those who still haven't got 4.2.2

    Quote Originally Posted by starter15 View Post
    No offense, but this has been posted a million times.
    This was the first time I'd seen it and I'm glad I did. Worked for me.
    Android Evangelist
    HTC Desire + Samsung Galaxy SIIx + Transformer TF101 and Prime + Nexus 4
  20. #20  

    Default Re: For all those who still haven't got 4.2.2

    This worked for me, though I had to go clear the services data twice to get it to come through.

    Now that I've done that, what did clearing that data mess up?
  21. #21  

    Default Re: For all those who still haven't got 4.2.2

    Still works on 2/19. Think my problem was not checking for update via wifi. And for the record this is the first notice I have seen to use that!
    JIM in Fla
  22. #22  

    Default Re: For all those who still haven't got 4.2.2

    Quote Originally Posted by badbrad17 View Post
    This was the first time I'd seen it and I'm glad I did. Worked for me.
    welcome to nexus family. remember this method. this will work for all future updates.
    have been using it since Nexus S on Android 2.3
    Thanked by:
  23. #23  

    Default Re: For all those who still haven't got 4.2.2

    Quote Originally Posted by royalpig180 View Post
    This worked for me, though I had to go clear the services data twice to get it to come through.

    Now that I've done that, what did clearing that data mess up?
    You might see some errors on shutdown complaining about play store credentials but everything still works. At least that's what I see on my Galaxy Nexus. I just wait on my other devices now. It's only a few days...

    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
  24. #24  

    Default Re: For all those who still haven't got 4.2.2

    Worked for me, too. Thanks! My son's N4 already got the update, so I was wondering, and feelin' a little left out... ;-)

    I've seen nothing about it in the N4-specific forums. Even though Starter didn't mean to offend, his post was unnecessary, and inconsiderate.

    Furthermore, it seems to me that one would always want to have the latest updates, unless they are using a device for development for a specific version, but even then, testing on the latest OS version would be wise, too. Oh, well, to each his own.,
  25. #25  

    Default Re: For all those who still haven't got 4.2.2

    Wrong thread. :banghead:
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. For all those that still use this thread! CM7!
    By fargles in forum Motorola Droid X2 Rooting, ROMs, and Hacks
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 09-03-2012, 05:41 PM
  2. For All those waiting for the Nexus Prime, a little light relief
    By Hearthatvoiceagain in forum Verizon Galaxy Nexus
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 09-22-2011, 02:37 AM
  3. I Still Haven't Got The Update
    By JayoxD in forum Verizon HTC Thunderbolt
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 07-18-2011, 11:48 PM
  4. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-14-2010, 05:37 PM
  5. To all those who bought their Inc at Best Buy
    By Verruckt in forum Verizon Droid Incredible
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 06-07-2010, 09:04 PM

Posting Permissions

B