Nexus 4 AT&T ST Sim on the way....

Matthew Anders

Feb 17, 2013
Visit site
Just ordered my Nexus 4. I also went ahead and nabbed an AT&T micro sim from ebay today....hopefully I don't regret it. Everything looked legit...if something is going down with AT&T I want to get in before it happens. If nothing happens and everything goes back to normal...then i spent a little more than I needed to on the sim card, I can live with that. I want to stick with Straight Talk, and I DON'T want Tmobile. Wish me LUCK!!!!

Anyone know how quickly the 16 gig models are shipping these days? Just ordered mine about 6pm tonight. AT&T Sim is already on the way.

yfan

Nov 28, 2009
Visit site
Is there a specific reason why you don't want T-Mobile?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

Matthew Anders

Feb 17, 2013
Visit site
Is there a specific reason why you don't want T-Mobile?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

Just service issues. ATT is much better in my location than TMobile. I could use Tmobile, but voice and data for ATT are much more consistent here.

Matthew Anders

Feb 17, 2013
Visit site
...if something is "going down with AT&T?" Huh?

Over the past few weeks the Straight Talk AT&T sim cards have become more and more scare to the point that you can't find them anywhere other than Ebay now. You can't get them from Straight Talk, and now Walmart has them all listed as "out of stock" There is no word from ATT as to whats happening, and from what I've seen responses from straight talk reps vary from, "we are just out of them for now and we'll get them back as soon as we can" to "Straight Talk will no longer be carrying AT&T sim cards"

I have no idea which is true, so to be safe i just paid a premium to get one NOW vs waiting and seeing what happens. Like I said...hopefully it doesn't backfire.

PaulMilander

Jan 28, 2013
Visit site
Over the past few weeks the Straight Talk AT&T sim cards have become more and more scare to the point that you can't find them anywhere other than Ebay now. You can't get them from Straight Talk, and now Walmart has them all listed as "out of stock" There is no word from ATT as to whats happening, and from what I've seen responses from straight talk reps vary from, "we are just out of them for now and we'll get them back as soon as we can" to "Straight Talk will no longer be carrying AT&T sim cards"

I have no idea which is true, so to be safe i just paid a premium to get one NOW vs waiting and seeing what happens. Like I said...hopefully it doesn't backfire.
I ordered a ATT Micro sim ST card on the 14th from Walmart.com, it arrives tomorrow and on the 15th walmart listed it as out of stock, I got lucky... I wanted TMobile but I live in the sticks

Matthew Anders

Feb 17, 2013
Visit site
I ordered a ATT Micro sim ST card on the 14th from Walmart.com, it arrives tomorrow and on the 15th walmart listed it as out of stock, I got lucky... I wanted TMobile but I live in the sticks

Same here as far as the sticks go. Tmobile would work...but I'd get 2g at best and voice is spotty. I know with ATT i'll only get 3g speeds, but the 3g is pretty solid out here and voice coverage is much better.

anon(5709734)

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
I have the AT&T sim card in my nexus 4 and I'm really happy with it. Now, it did take a week and a half of tinkering with the APN settings so don't be disappointed if it's not great at first. I eventually went with the 2 APN setting, one for talk and data and one for messaging.

Saiga

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
A question, is there anything wrong with just getting the full size SIM card and cutting it? I've noticed that my Walmart is only sold out of Micros, but still have plenty of the full sized ones for $15.

Thinking about just buying one of those and seeing if I can get a At&t store employee to cut the thing for me.

Matthew Anders

Feb 17, 2013
Visit site
A question, is there anything wrong with just getting the full size SIM card and cutting it? I've noticed that my Walmart is only sold out of Micros, but still have plenty of the full sized ones for $15.

Thinking about just buying one of those and seeing if I can get a At&t store employee to cut the thing for me.

ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!?!?! JUST checked walmart....micro sims back in stock.....BS...sigh...i always have the worst luck with these things....

Matthew Anders

Feb 17, 2013
Visit site
Aaaaannd they are gone again. Weird. OH well. I've got one coming I guess that's all that matters. Still in the order pending phase for my Nexus 4. Anyone order one recently? How long did you wait?

minnemike

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Aaaaannd they are gone again. Weird. OH well. I've got one coming I guess that's all that matters. Still in the order pending phase for my Nexus 4. Anyone order one recently? How long did you wait?

Nexus 4 strikes again - I guess we shouldn't be surprised at the surprise demand for this phone from ordering the phone itself to availability of every product related to this phone. Google FTW!

I would guess that demand is simply higher than allocated stock... which should balance out eventually.

Matthew Anders

Feb 17, 2013
Visit site
Nexus 4 strikes again - I guess we shouldn't be surprised at the surprise demand for this phone from ordering the phone itself to availability of every product related to this phone. Google FTW!

I would guess that demand is simply higher than allocated stock... which should balance out eventually.

You're probably right. I've got mine coming either way, so at least I've got peace of mind. :)

carlily

Jul 5, 2013
Visit site
Question: does anyone perchance know if Straight Talk is back to selling the micro sims for AT&T? The nexus 4 requires one and I'd really really really love to have that phone, but it's pointless if I can't get service at my homestead (no service from any other companies besides AT&T where I live)
Help please and thank you!

nickacs

Mar 28, 2010
Visit site
Question: does anyone perchance know if Straight Talk is back to selling the micro sims for AT&T? The nexus 4 requires one and I'd really really really love to have that phone, but it's pointless if I can't get service at my homestead (no service from any other companies besides AT&T where I live)
Help please and thank you!

No, Straight Talk stopped selling AT&T sims back around the Feb '13 timeframe (rumors due to AT&T themselves putting the hammer down or Walmart too), so the only way is to find them 3rd party, most likely Ebay. I've bought 2 of them off Ebay, one for myself and other for my wife. I bought the first one for my wife about a month ago on Ebay and it ended up being a fake/bogus "Straight Talk" sim card. I just got my refund via Ebay/Paypal last week, so no worries there at least.

If you are going to buy them from Ebay, be VERY careful who you buy from. Usually look for people that have a lot of positive feedback (like > 500 or 1000) and have the "trusted" gold shield next to their Ebay name. I know of 1 guy that is 100% legit and bought one from.

One last word of caution. Since ST AT&T APN settings changed from att.mvno to tracfone around 6/1/13, their data signal for both my wife's iPhone 5 and my Nexus 4 have been very, very spotty. I loved ST when I signed up in Jan '13, but now it's unbearable. A LOT of people are jumping ship and having the same issue. It's not a phone issue, but a ST issue. They are clamping down HARD now on throttling or just downright shutting down data signal because she's at 2.2GB (ie. like my wife on her iPhone). They say "unlimited", but you can find tons of thread on here, XDA and elsewhere that say people have been shut off at < 1 GB and even < 500MB!!!

I'm going to switch back to the Tmobile $30 prepaid plan for up to 4GB of data this week or next! I loved ST before, but now I can't refer anyone to use them.

Good luck! :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bnutz