Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Good messaging app recommendation?

I really donít like the idea of looking for the little messaging icon on the top of the phone each time I get a text from family and friends. Is there a good app that will display the message directly on the home screen? My old MyTouch would do this stock, and I would like to find something similar if possible.

Default Re: Good messaging app recommendation?

Give Handcent a try. I have it set to pop up the message and a quick reply box when I get incoming texts.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
    Ask me about Solavei.

I Iike GoSms

Sent from my HTC One V using Android Central Forums

I like Chomp SMS. Give them all a try and see which one you like better. Chomp will do pop up notifications and turn the screen on when locked. Chomp does have a bug right now that prevents it from sending MMS on 4.2. Not sure if the other two have the same problem, but it will display received ones just fine. Make sure the stock Messaging app is the one downloading the MMS. To send an MMS, I just have to remember to use the stock app.

Global Posts
    77 Global Posts

Viber does this and SMS is free for international users too..have to have Viber Installed in both the phones.

I have been using Powow lately and like it quite a bit.

use Glowfly. it just provides a popup notification and allows you to quick reply, dismiss or delete the incoming message. simple and effective.

Global Posts
    30 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by havanahjoe View Post
    I like Chomp SMS. Give them all a try and see which one you like better. Chomp will do pop up notifications and turn the screen on when locked. Chomp does have a bug right now that prevents it from sending MMS on 4.2. Not sure if the other two have the same problem, but it will display received ones just fine. Make sure the stock Messaging app is the one downloading the MMS. To send an MMS, I just have to remember to use the stock app.
    MMS works in most recent version. ChompSMS is my favorite so far.