Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    56 Global Posts

Default Bluetooth Share keeping N4 awake?

Hey all,

I updated my phone to 4.2.2 several days ago and now I am noticing an issue. Bluetooth Share shows to have used 21% of my battery. The keep awake time on it is 12h 26m 51s. This has been happening since the upgrade. I haven't installed any new apps, other than DashClock.

I did not notice this issue prior to the 4.2.2 update and I always leave Bluetooth enabled. I have never disabled it. Normally the top battery usage is Screen, followed by Voice Calls. I know that 4.2.2 was supposed to address Bluetooth related issues, but I actually didn't have any issues with Bluetooth prior to the upgrade, and now I do.

Has anyone else noticed this? It appears I'm going to have to disable Bluetooth on my phone when I'm not using it in order to preserve my battery. Bummed about that since I haven't had to do that until now.

Any input is appreciated. Thanks.

Default Re: Bluetooth Share keeping N4 awake?

I can confirm you're not the only one with this issue. Both me and my brother (stock N4 units) are having the exact same issue since the 4.2.2 upgrade. It only occurs after you've connected to a bluetooth source and there seems to be a disconnecting issue. For us we both have VW's with bluetooth integration... the "fix" is to turn off bluetooth and turn it back on when you notice the symbol is blue, even though bluetooth says there are no active connection.

In all honesty keeping bluetooth off unless you're using it is a best practice anyway. Saves roughly 5-10% of your battery by turning it off even if nothing is connected to it.

That being said that is an odd issue. I should see if I can replicate it with my hands free unit in my car. I hadn't noticed anything since I always have bluetooth turned off before I'm more than 8 feet away.

Global Posts
    1,438 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

I've got it too. I was wondering why I've bled 10% in an hour and checking power use, I see that Bluetooth Share was running all that time. I have it paired to my car's Sync system and it looks like that when I get out, it stays thinking it's connected. Bother.
    "The OnePlus One is such a big black slab of power that if you dropped it down in the middle of a pack of monkeys, they'd start using weapons." - Dirk Belligerent.
    Devices: 64GB OnePlus One, 32GB Nexus 5, 16GB Nexus 7 (2013), 16GB Nexus 4, ASUS Transformer TF101, Kindle Fire, HP TouchPad (CM7)
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Global Posts
    56 Global Posts

Thanks for the confirmation guys. I usually leave Bluetooth on because I can't remember to enable it when I get in the car and then invariably the phone rings and I don't have hands free ability. I'll keep an eye on the Bluetooth icon and disable/enable when I see it get hung up. This must be a new bug since they "fixed" Bluetooth with 4.2.2.

Global Posts
    3 Global Posts

You are not alone bro, i just received my Nexus 4 and comes with 4.2.2 already , start using it and i have this very stupid issue battery drain madly , today i discover the Bluetooth issue it keep the device awake and eat battery madly , searching Google and a lot of sites for any resolve , disappointed and until now there is no real solve for this issue , i start to hate the Nexus 4

http://img801.imageshack.us/img801/4...3031400463.png

I am having this issue also. I hear 4.2 uses a new bluetooth stack so it may take a few updates to weed out the bugs.

Yay for bleeding edge

I don't keep on ANY services I'm not actively using (auto screen rotation, GPS, bluetooth, wifi, etc.) and that really saves on battery life.