Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

View Poll Results: What do you think of the price ($399/$449) if it is indeed true?

Voters
103. You may not vote on this poll
  • As attractive as the Nexus 4 prices ($299/$349) for this device

    34 33.01%
  • Not as attractive as the Nexus 4 prices ($299/$349) for this device

    69 66.99%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 51 to 57 of 57
Like Tree52Likes
  1. #51  

    Default Re: Nexus 5 (16GB and 32GB) for $399/ $449 with LTE and 5.5" screen

    Quote Originally Posted by YourMobileGuru View Post
    One thing you seem to be missing. Its the larger screens that those larger screens that in part make a larger overall size of a device that allows for the faster processor, more RAM, NFC, wireless charging and other goodies. Larger phones are here to stay you can either embrace that or deal with not having all of that stuff or a fat phone like the Lumia 920

    Sent from my Motorola Droid RAZR Max HD using the Android Central Forums app.
    So you're saying it's necessary to make the phone bigger in order to put better specs in like faster processor, more RAM, etc.? That's not true. Plenty of electronics are small that pack the punch. There's no truth to that statement.
    Moto Droid Turbo on Verizon (Since May 2015)
  2. #52  
    bigdaddytee's Avatar

    Posts
    758 Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default Re: Nexus 5 (16GB and 32GB) for $399/ $449 with LTE and 5.5" screen

    Quote Originally Posted by DM_Droid View Post
    If they price the next Nexus phone that high, they'll price themselves out. At $349 for the 16GB for an unlocked, no contract phone, that's as about as high as it should be. It's the perfect price point in my opinion. In fact, it should be 32GB for $349 and 16GB for $299 for the Nexus 5. The highest 2 year contract phone is $299 and they go down from there.
    You do understand that you pay full retail, $600-700, for your "$200-300" contract phone, over the life of your contract, right? That $300 "price" is an illusion. And an unlocked 64gb phone at $400 would be an awesome bargain.

    Sent from the red headed stepchild of the Nexii.
    YourMobileGuru likes this.
  3. #53  
    YourMobileGuru's Avatar
    Formerly VZWRocks

    Posts
    2,634 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,280 Global Posts
    ROM
    what's wrong with stock?

    Default Re: Nexus 5 (16GB and 32GB) for $399/ $449 with LTE and 5.5" screen

    Quote Originally Posted by DM_Droid View Post
    So you're saying it's necessary to make the phone bigger in order to put better specs in like faster processor, more RAM, etc.? That's not true. Plenty of electronics are small that pack the punch. There's no truth to that statement.
    Actually I was talking goodies like nfc and wireless charging mainly but yes the SOC (system on a chip ) are getting bigger as well. There is also a difference in bring able to do something and bring able to do something large scale and at an affordable price. Its a fact that miniaturization costs more. You may not agree with me but please don't tell me what I am saying is false.

    Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Android Central Forums
    Android is all about Personal Choice: Droid RAZR HD, Droid DNA, SGSIII, SG Note 2, HTC One X+, Galaxy Nexus, Nexus4... Hating is so Apple... we're better than that!

    Correcting Some of the Shared Everything Misinformation * My Phone Collection

    PSA - Verizon Galaxy Nexus Signal Strength Comparison
  4. #54  
    return_0's Avatar

    Posts
    2,524 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,597 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock (soon to be PA3)

    Default Re: Nexus 5 (16GB and 32GB) for $399/ $449 with LTE and 5.5" screen

    Quote Originally Posted by DM_Droid View Post
    If they price the next Nexus phone that high, they'll price themselves out. At $349 for the 16GB for an unlocked, no contract phone, that's as about as high as it should be. It's the perfect price point in my opinion. In fact, it should be 32GB for $349 and 16GB for $299 for the Nexus 5. The highest 2 year contract phone is $299 and they go down from there.
    I don't understand your point. You can get a Nexus 4 on-contract for $49. There's a difference between unlocked and on-contract. That same $299 on-contract phone is $699 unlocked. So Nexus phones are bargains; half the price.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #55  

    Default Re: Nexus 5 (16GB and 32GB) for $399/ $449 with LTE and 5.5" screen

    The phablet Nexus will be complementary to the main Nexus line.

    Someone used the example of the Note II (phablet) to the Galaxy S3 (main flagship).

    I don't see why Google can't sell 2 smartphones at the same time targeting two different markets: Main Flagship (4.7-4.8") and the Phablet Niche (5.5")
    Thanked by:
  6. #56  

    Default Re: Nexus 5 (16GB and 32GB) for $399/ $449 with LTE and 5.5" screen

    Quote Originally Posted by return_0 View Post
    I don't understand your point. You can get a Nexus 4 on-contract for $49. There's a difference between unlocked and on-contract. That same $299 on-contract phone is $699 unlocked. So Nexus phones are bargains; half the price.
    Yeah but the Galaxy S4 was just priced at $249 on contract on AT&T. That's good competition to a Nexus priced at $349

    Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
    Moto Droid Turbo on Verizon (Since May 2015)
  7. #57  
    return_0's Avatar

    Posts
    2,524 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,597 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock (soon to be PA3)

    Default Re: Nexus 5 (16GB and 32GB) for $399/ $449 with LTE and 5.5" screen

    Quote Originally Posted by DM_Droid View Post
    Yeah but the Galaxy S4 was just priced at $249 on contract on AT&T. That's good competition to a Nexus priced at $349

    Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
    What? You can't compare the price of an on-contract phone to the price of an unlocked phone.
    Plazmic Flame likes this.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Similar Threads

  1. NIB Verizon 32gb Black iPhone 5 with Accessories and AppleCare+
    By Wildo6882 in forum Marketplace Archive
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: 12-23-2012, 11:11 AM
  2. 16GB or 32GB for S3?
    By jKickeR in forum Samsung Galaxy S3
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 09-22-2012, 01:30 AM
  3. Iconia 16GB and 32GB for $249/$299 on Acer's eBay Store
    By toddx in forum Acer Iconia A500
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-24-2012, 08:18 AM
  4. Can you use hotspot with lte and talk at the same time?
    By zlee67 in forum Verizon Galaxy Nexus
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-09-2012, 06:53 PM
  5. Acer Iconia 32gb for 399.99
    By reconboy in forum Acer Iconia A500
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-08-2011, 09:00 PM

Posting Permissions