Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree39Likes

Default Re: Did I Just Get a Free Nexus 4? And Should I Tell Google About It?

By law you are allowed to keep it
    Without paying!? This phone was ordered (reference step 1) and not cancelled (reference step 5). I suspect the law would demand payment.

Global Posts
    306 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by oberkc View Post
    Without paying!? This phone was ordered (reference step 1) and not cancelled (reference step 5). I suspect the law would demand payment.
    Yea the law woukd demand you pay it thats if google took it that far

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by kmcochran View Post
    I would wait until you actually receive the 8gb. They may take your money out again, once it really has been shipped. And honesty is the best policy. If you receive it and they don't charge your account for it, you should let them know.
    Keep one, sell the other.

Sorry....I have low phone morals.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
    jdbii likes this.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums
    Prash7 likes this.

Similar thing happened to me when the white iPhone 4 came out on Verizon a couple years back. I preordered it over the phone, The hold was put on the funds in my account, the hold dropped off a few days later, phone shipped and never got charged for it. I watched my bank account like a hawk for weeks after that. Nothing.

You'll get billed eventually. I had my 16gb for almost a week before Google billed me, sorry to ruin the party....

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
    Banned

Global Posts
    2,518 Global Posts
    ROM
    Muzzyz 4.2.1 build

Well both phones are yours now then?

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy Nexus rockin 4.2.2 using Tapatalk 2

Didn't similar things happen 6 months ago with the Nexus 7 orders? The initial credit card holds were released/reversed. The tablets shipped weeks later. The credit cards were finally charged a couple weeks after being shipped. .

What does your Google Wallet say about the 8GB order?
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #34  

UPDATE:

It turns out, a few of you were right. I am getting charged for both phones... Well, that didn't turn out as awesome as I hoped, but I still got two beautiful phones! And the 16gb just got shipping confirmation!

Thanks for entertaining this nonsense.
    Banned

Global Posts
    2,518 Global Posts
    ROM
    Muzzyz 4.2.1 build

Quote Originally Posted by I_AM_THE_ENTIRE_INTERNET View Post
    UPDATE:

It turns out, a few of you were right. I am getting charged for both phones... Well, that didn't turn out as awesome as I hoped, but I still got two beautiful phones! And the 16gb just got shipping confirmation!

Thanks for entertaining this nonsense.
    Just sell the other one for 400

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy Nexus rockin 4.2.2 using Tapatalk 2

If I didn't like google so much my "evil side" would have went to the bank today, closed my account and opened a new one. I got the Nexus 4 today and have yet to be charged. SO tempting. But I'd rather be honest as I plan to only buy google products now. No more carriers for me.

It's a bit annoying the delay of charge. I don't want to risk an overdraft but I need groceries. LOL serves me right.

Sorry, but morally, it is stealing and no way around that. Karma has a way of coming to call at just the wrong time..

Sent from the AWESOME Note 2 of a girl

Quote Originally Posted by DankstaOG View Post
    If I didn't like google so much my "evil side" would have went to the bank today, closed my account and opened a new one. I got the Nexus 4 today and have yet to be charged. SO tempting. But I'd rather be honest as I plan to only buy google products now. No more carriers for me.

It's a bit annoying the delay of charge. I don't want to risk an overdraft but I need groceries. LOL serves me right.
    You know they can find you, right? That would be credit history suicide.

Kelly Kearns likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by gone down south View Post
    You know they can find you, right? That would be credit history suicide.

You're right. I got bad credit anyways and ala Fight Club I don't care about that stuff. What I DO care about is being honest. Like I said, my "evil side" had those thoughts. My good side (51% of me LOL) knows to do the right thing.

And I DO believe in Karma.

I do have to ask though....if Apple did this would you feel the same? Hmmmm ;-)
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #40  

You're right. I got bad credit anyways and ala Fight Club I don't care about that stuff. What I DO care about is being honest. Like I said, my "evil side" had those thoughts. My good side (51% of me LOL) knows to do the right thing.

And I DO believe in Karma.

I do have to ask though....if Apple did this would you feel the same? Hmmmm ;-)

Hold up, friend. Did you just say "ala Fight Club?" I mean, cause it was an entertaining movie, but actually basing your life around a nihilistic fantasy... A little strange. Credit ratings exist.

IP traced and thread sent to Google.

I got this fraudster, guys.

Got charged and couldn't be happier! :-D Such a sick phone.

I really hope y'all don't take this so serious you actually reported me and think I live my life based on a movie. I was having fun, simply stating what my evil side wanted to do (but the good side knew better).

@ I_AM_THE_ENTIRE_INTERNET I TRULY don't care about CREDIT RATINGS. That was my point. YES they would end up getting me. However the way they would effect my life I could care less.

@FYourProblems I hope you were joking; otherwise you take this stuff way too serious and have made apple fan boys look good from your statement. Never saw that coming.

You don't care about credit ratings? So, are you independently wealthy, or do you not expect to ever buy a house, car or anything larger than one paychecks worth?

Global Posts
    293 Global Posts

My colleague ordered a Nexus 4 16GB version and was billed for the item and it shipped 3 days later.

However, a week after receiving the unit, another box was left at his front door and lo and behold it was another Nexus 4 16GB. He called Google who insisted that they do not make mistakes like that and that he must be mistaken. He asked to speak to a Supervisor who said that they have no record for the tracking number nor IMEI as being mistakenly shipped, oddly Google just sent out a second handset to my colleague.

My colleague asked for the address to send back the second handset and the following day shipped the second device back to Google (as he only paid for one device), a few days later his wife was going over the credit card statement and saw a credit on the account. It turns out Google credited back the cost of the original phone that they had shipped my colleague instead of just taking back the second erroneously shipped out handset. :rolleyes: .

My colleague called Google again as he was not owed any sort of credit, but the agent had no idea of what to do and said that if she charged him again, it will generate another shipment and the cycle will just continue. Essentially because Google is just beyond incompetent when it comes to retail or e-tailing, my colleague got a free Nexus 4 16GB.

Dan

I TRULY don't care about CREDIT RATINGS.
    How old are you? You do realize that a bad credit rating will affect your ability to buy much of anything, right? Forget about buying a house -- it can keep you from even being able to rent a decent apartment.

Or is just having a nice phone all you care about?

Got charged and couldn't be happier! :-D Such a sick phone.

I really hope y'all don't take this so serious you actually reported me and think I live my life based on a movie. I was having fun, simply stating what my evil side wanted to do (but the good side knew better).

@ I_AM_THE_ENTIRE_INTERNET I TRULY don't care about CREDIT RATINGS. That was my point. YES they would end up getting me. However the way they would effect my life I could care less.

@FYourProblems I hope you were joking; otherwise you take this stuff way too serious and have made apple fan boys look good from your statement. Never saw that coming.
    When you finally realize your credit rating is important, it will be too late.

Sent from the AWESOME Note 2 of a girl

IMO It's less about "doing the right thing" and more about "not having overdraft fees in the future"

Google could all of the sudden remember to charge you when you only had $250 left in your instead bank account because you HAD to take Tina to the Fancy Pizza place because you told her that her sister was hot. I mean She IS hot why should she care?

Anyway you end up with less money + $75 overdraft fees.

Also stop trying to date Tina's sister.
    paul-c likes this.

Global Posts
    2,597 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock (soon to be PA3)

Quote Originally Posted by ultravisitor View Post
    How old are you? You do realize that a bad credit rating will affect your ability to buy much of anything, right? Forget about buying a house -- it can keep you from even being able to rent a decent apartment.

Or is just having a nice phone all you care about?
    Considering he/she doesn't know how to use the "reply with quote" button and instead uses an at sign

Quote Originally Posted by Brackstone View Post
    Also stop trying to date Tina's sister.
    Why? She's hot.

It's not just about "Credit Ratings" it's about Credit History. If you have a "non-payment" for ANY reason on your credit report if you want to live someplace nice they will not rent to you. Unless you are planning on living in the ghetto or with your parents the rest of your life credit history is very important. Credit Ratings are another story.

Then again you are "OG" so I guess you are never planning on leaving "the 'hood" :P
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast