Anyone else using a dvorak keyboard?
... Or am I the only one inflicting this insanity upon themselves?
I always wanted to try a dvorak keyboard. I got way more excited than I should have when I saw that was an option in SwiftKey Tablet.
When entering text I like holding the phone landscape and typing with my thumbs. The split keyboard SwiftKey Tablet has is great for this.
I didn't know if the benefits of the dvorak keyboard would translate to thumb typing. I tried several test sentences and I believe if I ever fully learn the keyboard it will be faster and require less thumb travel than a QWERTY keyboard.
Anyone else trying this?
Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2Ask me about Solavei.
- 02-20-2013, 03:43 PM #2
- 05-22-2013, 12:04 AM #4
- 1 Posts
Re: Anyone else using a dvorak keyboard?
I use one. It took me about a day to get used to it. It's way faster as long as your screen is fairly large you'll have no problem. The vowels being grouped together is much more intuitive but it leads to more errors if you're not accurate. ie. jest, jist, just are all acceptable even though I use 'just' only.
- 09-23-2013, 02:06 AM #6
- By oasis9389 in forum HTC EVO 4GReplies: 24Last Post: 07-28-2010, 04:01 PM
- By sniffs in forum Verizon Droid IncredibleReplies: 7Last Post: 07-11-2010, 09:32 PM
- By reagan247 in forum Android ApplicationsReplies: 3Last Post: 07-09-2010, 12:01 PM
- By Kedar in forum HTC EVO 4GReplies: 11Last Post: 06-11-2010, 02:50 PM
- By sniffs in forum Motorola DroidReplies: 5Last Post: 01-12-2010, 03:13 PM