1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    29 Global Posts

Default Question about Charging and Daydream

I did a search and couldn't turn up anything on this.. here or elsewhere.

I have my Nexus 4 set to daydream the digital clock. My intention is to use it as a bedside clock/alarm. I have daydream set to enabled for charging and docked. Now, since the Nexus 4 doesn't have a "dock" and is never really "docked" that aspect of it doesn't work. It works great while charging, however my issue is that is finally gets to 100% charge during the night and is no longer charging. At that point the daydream exits and if I wake up in the middle of the night I have to wake the phone to see what time it is.

I know I know.. first world problems right? Does anyone know if it's possible to have the phone daydream even after it has reached full charge?

Default Re: Question about Charging and Daydream

As far as I can tell, my phone continues to daydream all day long at my work desk with the same settings. I would guess that your qi charge connection is being lost and sending the phone out of the "charging" or "docking" status for some reason, whereas my phone stays under that status.

Could be related to your phone slipping off? Or maybe the type of case you have?
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    29 Global Posts

Hmm. I don't think so. I only have the official bumper on the phone and it doesn't move around on the charger. I'm using the Zens charger from ShopAndroid - #1 Store for Android Accessories

When I get up in the morning the phone shows 100% charged so I don't think I'm losing the charging status.

Hmmm - don't have that charger, but my guess remains the same - the charger stops charging at some point and the phone thinks it's on battery. For comparison, my nexus qi says 100% right now, but the battery status also says Qi constantly when constantly on Qi.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Global Posts
    29 Global Posts

After looking at the description for the Zens charger I noticed this:

Automatic shut-down after device is fully charged

This has to be what is causing my issue. Looks like I'll have to use my Nexus Orb at the bedside, and the Zens charger on my desk....

Although it seems you've found a solution, I have a suggestion. You could try an app called Dock Clock. It does about the same thing as Daydream but it stays on all night, dims the screen, but brightens it with a single tap. You can configure it to show just the time or the time and weather, etc. I really like it and use it every night.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums