About to get throttled -TMobile

bokeh4me

Feb 15, 2013
Visit site
Got txt msg after lunch. You have used 400 of your 500mb at 4g speed. This since Sat? Do they go calendar month, or 30 days from sign up?

runtmms

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
What plan are you on? Like previous poster said it should be based on your billing cycle.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

minnemike

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
50.00 unlimited, throttled after 500mb prepaid.

For just a few dollars more you could have unlimited no cap everything.... oh, and with a 2 year contract. :'(

But really, I do not see any problem with a 2 year if you are not tied to a subsidized phone for the contract period.

neanderth4l

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
Don't know where you are geographically, but since you're using T Mobile the coverage map should be about the same as Solavei. For the same price, unlimited everything. I think you get throttled WAAAAAAAAAAAY after 500mb data though.

I have been very happy with their service so far.

greydarrah

May 5, 2010
Visit site
It's definitely based on 30 days from your billing cycle, not on the calendar month. I got throttled on that plan (before I changed to another one) and 2G data is unusable for anything other than emails and navigation. Trying to load a web page in the browser is painful. I'd up your plan to the $60, 2gb one, or look into Solavei.

jdbii

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
I don't a T mobile prepaid with only 500mb at 4G. I see the $50 unlimited with 100mb of data at 4G.

Anyway, it seems like a bad deal compared to all the other options: I know it is only 3G speed, but for $45 GoSmart offers unlimited talk and text and 5GB at 3G. That seems like a better deal. But Solavei for a few bucks more seems like a way better deal with everything and 5GB of 4G speed. I even think Straightalk at $45 and 2GB at 4G would be better than only having 500mb before being throttled.

Go Ogle

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
70$ unlimited data no throttling prepaid is coming to T-Mobile verrrrry soon.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

NexuxGirIX

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
For just a few dollars more you could have unlimited no cap everything.... oh, and with a 2 year contract. :'(

But really, I do not see any problem with a 2 year if you are not tied to a subsidized phone for the contract period.
That's what I went with, with my Nexus. I would have had a cell phone no matter what over the next two years and I got my N4 for only $49 and overnighted to me for free as well. I couldn't have paid $300 for my phone otherwise and it's a 16GB.

minnemike

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
That's what I went with, with my Nexus. I would have had a cell phone no matter what over the next two years and I got my N4 for only $49 and overnighted to me for free as well. I couldn't have paid $300 for my phone otherwise and it's a 16GB.

Yep - it's an ok deal if you can't afford the several hundo up front. But you have to pay the higher monthly cost of around $30/month more. That $30 extra does come out to $720 after 2 years, but it is what it is with anything financed.

Keith Patrick

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
I don't know much about T Mobile, for I have Sprint. However 500mb seems very, very low. I would consider spending the money for more data if you can afford it.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Android Central Forums

ryanr509

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
There is a lot of other options for just a little bit more money that are much better. Solavai, straight talk , simple mobile. Most offer unlimited talk & text with a few GB of data.

Jaysus

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
There is a lot of other options for just a little bit more money that are much better. Solavai, straight talk , simple mobile. Most offer unlimited talk & text with a few GB of data.

What are some of the things that make one plan better than another?

Cost?
Data Limits?
speed?

What else?

willdogs

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
My $60/ Month t-mobile plan has been suiting me just fine.

Unlimited Talk/Text and 2GB of 4G Data before throttle. I never get anywhere close to 2GB since I use wifi at home and work.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindagibney