Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default About to get throttled -TMobile

Got txt msg after lunch. You have used 400 of your 500mb at 4g speed. This since Sat? Do they go calendar month, or 30 days from sign up?

Default Re: About to get throttled -TMobile

AFAIK, it's based on your billing cycle.

What plan are you on? Like previous poster said it should be based on your billing cycle.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
    Ask me about Solavei.

Your screwed then

Sent from my EVO 4G LTE

Time to turn on the wi-fi.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

50.00 unlimited, throttled after 500mb prepaid.

Quote Originally Posted by bokeh4me View Post
    500 MB?? Back when I was with T-mobile they didn't throttle until 5Gigs.

Sent from the AWESOME Note 2 of a girl

Quote Originally Posted by bokeh4me View Post
    For just a few dollars more you could have unlimited no cap everything.... oh, and with a 2 year contract.

But really, I do not see any problem with a 2 year if you are not tied to a subsidized phone for the contract period.

Don't know where you are geographically, but since you're using T Mobile the coverage map should be about the same as Solavei. For the same price, unlimited everything. I think you get throttled WAAAAAAAAAAAY after 500mb data though.

I have been very happy with their service so far.
    runtmms likes this.

It's definitely based on 30 days from your billing cycle, not on the calendar month. I got throttled on that plan (before I changed to another one) and 2G data is unusable for anything other than emails and navigation. Trying to load a web page in the browser is painful. I'd up your plan to the $60, 2gb one, or look into Solavei.
    Semper Fi
    I love my LG Nexus 5!
    Take better pictures with your cell phone camera...http://www.bigshotmoms.com/
    MERCDROID and runtmms like this.

Global Posts
    654 Global Posts

I don't a T mobile prepaid with only 500mb at 4G. I see the $50 unlimited with 100mb of data at 4G.

Anyway, it seems like a bad deal compared to all the other options: I know it is only 3G speed, but for $45 GoSmart offers unlimited talk and text and 5GB at 3G. That seems like a better deal. But Solavei for a few bucks more seems like a way better deal with everything and 5GB of 4G speed. I even think Straightalk at $45 and 2GB at 4G would be better than only having 500mb before being throttled.

Quote Originally Posted by jdbii View Post
    I don't a T mobile prepaid with only 500mb at 4G. I see the $50 unlimited with 100mb of data at 4G.
    It's web-only and it's still up there.
    Thanked by:

How much do you talk?

I have unlimited data and text with 100 minutes and it's only 30$

70$ unlimited data no throttling prepaid is coming to T-Mobile verrrrry soon.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

Quote Originally Posted by minnemike View Post
    For just a few dollars more you could have unlimited no cap everything.... oh, and with a 2 year contract.

But really, I do not see any problem with a 2 year if you are not tied to a subsidized phone for the contract period.
    That's what I went with, with my Nexus. I would have had a cell phone no matter what over the next two years and I got my N4 for only $49 and overnighted to me for free as well. I couldn't have paid $300 for my phone otherwise and it's a 16GB.
    MERCDROID likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by NexuxGirIX View Post
    That's what I went with, with my Nexus. I would have had a cell phone no matter what over the next two years and I got my N4 for only $49 and overnighted to me for free as well. I couldn't have paid $300 for my phone otherwise and it's a 16GB.
    Yep - it's an ok deal if you can't afford the several hundo up front. But you have to pay the higher monthly cost of around $30/month more. That $30 extra does come out to $720 after 2 years, but it is what it is with anything financed.

I don't know much about T Mobile, for I have Sprint. However 500mb seems very, very low. I would consider spending the money for more data if you can afford it.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Android Central Forums
    MERCDROID likes this.

There is a lot of other options for just a little bit more money that are much better. Solavai, straight talk , simple mobile. Most offer unlimited talk & text with a few GB of data.

Quote Originally Posted by ryanr509 View Post
    There is a lot of other options for just a little bit more money that are much better. Solavai, straight talk , simple mobile. Most offer unlimited talk & text with a few GB of data.

What are some of the things that make one plan better than another?

Cost?
    Data Limits?
    speed?

What else?

My $60/ Month t-mobile plan has been suiting me just fine.

Unlimited Talk/Text and 2GB of 4G Data before throttle. I never get anywhere close to 2GB since I use wifi at home and work.
    chubb and skidmark like this.

ROM
    Super Beans n Kernels

$70 prepaid unlimited everything is available now. I recommend you setup a google voice number, get the $30 prepaid 100 mins unlimited texts 5GB of 4G data plan. VoIP has been great for me. I used to "hate" my friends and colleagues that would ignore a call and text you right back...now that's MY forte
    Thanked by:
    MERCDROID likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaysus View Post
    What are some of the things that make one plan better than another?

Cost?
    Data Limits?
    speed?

What else?
    Speeds should all be the same but cost data limits and depending on what u need

Quote Originally Posted by ConTejas View Post
    $70 prepaid unlimited everything is available now. I recommend you setup a google voice number, get the $30 prepaid 100 mins unlimited texts 5GB of 4G data plan. VoIP has been great for me. I used to "hate" my friends and colleagues that would ignore a call and text you right back...now that's MY forte
    I have a 32GB Nexus 7 that I setup with Google voice and Groove IP. I had no idea I could make unlimited free calls on this thing. since there's is no earpiece, audio comes out of the speaker but it can be paired with a BT headset or wired headset. I bought the $4.99 Groove IP app so I can use my Nexus 7s data plan.
    ConTejas and MERCDROID like this.

ROM
    Stock Xoom, Nexus 4 AOKP

Quote Originally Posted by willdogs View Post
    My $60/ Month t-mobile plan has been suiting me just fine.

Unlimited Talk/Text and 2GB of 4G Data before throttle. I never get anywhere close to 2GB since I use wifi at home and work.
    Thats the plan I'm using. 100 minuets are not enough and voip is horrible on edge and 3g, no hspa+ 21 or 42 where I work\live. Don't really need more than 2 GB since I use wifi at home and at work. Plus it's hard to rack up the data when your only getting .3-1.7 mbps dl speeds . But with the $30 plan it is only 10 cents a minuet for overage. So if you use less than 500 minuets a month(100 included, 400 over at .10 = $40), you could save a few bucks over the $70 prepaid plan. I was thinking about going that route, but have been using about 600 a month.

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Patrick View Post
    I don't know much about T Mobile, for I have Sprint. However 500mb seems very, very low. I would consider spending the money for more data if you can afford it.
    T-Mobile has a number of different plans, both contract and monthly. The one I have - as do a lit of other people - gives a lot more than 500MB of data, though T-Mo has 500MB plans as well.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast