iPhone 5 to Nexus 4 Questions

basketballfan32

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys I am excited for my first post on this site!
I have one question for anyone who has made the jump from the iPhone 5 to the Nexus 4. Will my unlimited 4G LTE plan work on the Nexus 4? I plan on getting the nano to micro sim converter, so that is not an issue. I just want to make sure that my data and voice will be active when I put my iPhone 5 sim in the Nexus 4. Also, will changing the APN settings help the data to work?

oberkc

May 27, 2011
Visit site
Will my unlimited 4G LTE plan work on the Nexus 4?

As delivered, I don't believe the nexus 4 phone has LTE capability. I also believe that LTE sim cards won't work with the Nexus. With whom do you have the 4G LTE unlimited plan? Verizon? I believe the nexus won't work on Verizon, period.

To work on the nexus, I believe you will need a GSM SIM card.

For your sake, I hope I am wrong.

jweimn

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
As delivered, I don't believe the nexus 4 phone has LTE capability. I also believe that LTE sim cards won't work with the Nexus. With whom do you have the 4G LTE unlimited plan? Verizon? I believe the nexus won't work on Verizon, period.

? All you need is a micro sim from att or tmobile. You may need to switch your plan but their is other threads on this issue.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

basketballfan32

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site

I have an AT&T sim card.

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
I have an AT&T sim card.
go to ATT store get the free micro sim(or use micro sim adapter[dont need activation for this]) and ask them to activate on your new phone that's it. done.

you dont have to change your plan and your current plan will work as it is, but you will only get 4G signal and not 4G LTE.

return_0

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
go to ATT store get the free micro sim(or use micro sim adapter[dont need activation for this]) and ask them to activate on your new phone that's it. done.

you dont have to change your plan and your current plan will work as it is, but you will only get 4G signal and not 4G LTE.

This. Exactly.