Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree6Likes

ROM
    Lollipop 5.0

Default Re: has anyone downloaded snapdragon battery guru?

Have you gone through your settings and enabled things again? I assume that uninstalling it does not reset everything it turns off. If it turned something off, it's probably still off.

I forget I even have it installed until it notifies me of an update. It's technically out of beta now, by the way. Works fine on my phone, I've gotten used to the occasional quirk (like wi-fi not turning on right away when I get home, but that's an easy fix).
    AZDROIDX and KCAndroid1 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by mamutarka View Post
    After learning mode, finally I used the app for 2 days and really dont know what to say actually. This app does stuff I would do on my own, turning wifi off and other stuff it does seems useless. I' will think about deleting the app I guess :/ battery duration is the same in my opinion
    Yes it turns off wifi. But forgets to turn it back on. The only way to get it back ids to force the battery guru app to stop. Uesless to me.

The learning period was draining my battery so quickly I gave up on it and uninstalled. I noticed later that I had to manually turn on WiFi and some of the Google Sync options - Battery Guru was a failed experiment for me.

However, I have been very impressed with the battery improvement and smooth operation of WiFi Matic.

Global Posts
    8 Global Posts

After about two weeks use, personally find this app makes my battery drain worse. The control of wi-fi is something I did, but find its turning it on every time I come in range of any free wi-fi, not an attribute I need. Also must have gps and location services permanently enabled to work, something again I had on only when I needed it. So all in all nice try, but uninstalled.

Yeah, really nice app

Sent from my GT-S5570 using AC Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by yfan View Post
    If I'm understanding this correctly, this app primarily saves battery by turning off background data or sync for apps when you don't need them. I doubt this will help me a lot since the only app I have automatic sync on is Gmail. I already turned sync off in all the other apps. But I downloaded it anyway. I'll see how it goes.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
    Each time you 'lock' your phone. It does close all APPs that you have synced, as you mentioned before. However, each time you go to 'unlock' your phone, it will start up many more APPs. So for those of us who use our phone for telling time... you are booting up many apps. I only have E-Mail synced to my phone as well... but a trick I learned before this APP was to clear my ram... when I do this, it closes 53 applications... even the ones I never use... That is why each time you check your phone... it will drop battery life. SnapDragon is helpful for anything. I used to be a skeptic regarding 'battery-saving' apps, due to the fact it takes up room on the SDCard... but now when I clear my ram... it only closes the applications I used while on it for that 'unlock period'. Galaxy S3 was lasting my roughly 10 hours (Company makes my e-mail update every 3 minutes, I cannot change that). However, I still do everything the exact same as I did before... I don't even have to open the APP for it to be working... tried to see how long it would last after 30 days of download... phone went from 100% to 2% in 34 hours!!!!
    I'm very pleased.

It comes from Qualcomm

I tried it myself after juicedefender. It wasn't very effective. There were a number of people on XDA who experimented with it assuming it may have an advantage over other apps since its developed by Qualcomm and there may be some native knowledge at work, but it wasn't very effective.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

I ran it on both mine and my wife's nexus 4's and ended up uninstalling. It was on the phones for about 10 weeks, and I cannot remember what happened but something froze up or wouldn't work correctly. Same for both phones. I find the phones batteries are very long lasting on their own any way.
    The Practical BBQ'r !
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123