Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Backup & Restore on Nexus 4 with Straight Talk

Since I am using my Nexus 4 un-rooted on Straight Talk, I can't do my backups to my Google account as I would probably exceed my monthly data allowance each time. It seems the native Android Backup and Restore only works through the Google account. What apps are out there are best to do backups to a USB external drive.

Default Re: Backup & Restore on Nexus 4 with Straight Talk

Have you tried? If you are referring to the section under settings>backup & reset>back up my data and automatic restore, it would surprise me if that type of backing up would cause any issues with ST. It's just backing up stuff like your wifi settings, searches you have added to Places/Maps and pictures associated with contacts. It's not like backing up a big file that is a mirror of your phone.

As far as a more substantial backup, you can use the new Carbon backup to back up a non rooted device, have the backup stored locally on the phone (on the virtual sd card), then, if the size of that backup takes up more space than you want taken, you can plug into your pc and cut/paste the backup files to your pc.
    Semper Fi
    I love my LG Nexus 5!
    Take better pictures with your cell phone camera...http://www.bigshotmoms.com/
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by Muleskinner392 View Post
    Since I am using my Nexus 4 un-rooted on Straight Talk, I can't do my backups to my Google account as I would probably exceed my monthly data allowance each time. It seems the native Android Backup and Restore only works through the Google account. What apps are out there are best to do backups to a USB external drive.
    carbon backup work for non rooted users. https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ikdutta.backup
    will save it to sd card
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    112 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Muleskinner392 View Post
    Do you have access to wifi for your backups?
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quote Originally Posted by mmtowns View Post
    Do you have access to wifi for your backups?
    No DSL available. Also no cable. Only AT&T broadband, which is also metered.