Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree3Likes

Default Re: how to send/receive files via nfc between nexus 4 & other phone?

Beaming stuff to/ from my N4 to my brother's S3 works fine for me its just really slow. Haven't gotten google wallet to work yet, though.

Superbeam, free in the playstore... easy peasy

Quote Originally Posted by raj24 View Post
    Still I haven't got proper reply to my query.
    Can I transfer files between Samsung galaxy phones & my nexus via NFC? If yes, how?
    Yes, however, you need to uncheck "S Beam" from the GS3. At first I couldn't send anything between my girlfriend's GS3 and my N4 when NFC was enabled, so I disabled that Samsung gimmick and it works just fine. With S Beam enabled the phones really only work with other Samsung S Beam devices.

Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Correct. N4 will send to Galaxy devices with or without S Beam enabled. Galaxy will only send to Nexus with s beam off. Frenziedfemale, does Superbeam change this?

Quote Originally Posted by ScooterG View Post
    Correct. N4 will send to Galaxy devices with or without S Beam enabled. Galaxy will only send to Nexus with s beam off. Frenziedfemale, does Superbeam change this?
    I don't have the galaxy so can not verify, but there are comments on the play store from galaxy users saying it works.

I solved this problem with my nexus 4 and Samsung note 2. I turned off the S Beam from note 2 and turned on Android Beam from Nexus. Just that.

Global Posts
    590 Global Posts
    ROM
    4.4 KitKat

Quote Originally Posted by frenziedfemale View Post
    Superbeam, free in the playstore... easy peasy
    This^^ It uses Wifi Direct for faster transfers, I don't have to wait an hour any more to transfer movies to my wife's phone. Moves 300MB files in minutes. Not sure if it works off your Wifi network, so it may be less useful on a network (cell)connection.
    N5 Black 32GB (4.4.4), N4 (4.4.4), iphone 5 (ios 8), ONE+64GB, N7(5.0 "L") AT&T The Nexus 5 is so fast...I just finished the internet...The ending wasn't great...

Quote Originally Posted by Chex313 View Post
    This^^ It uses Wifi Direct for faster transfers, I don't have to wait an hour any more to transfer movies to my wife's phone. Moves 300MB files in minutes. Not sure if it works off your Wifi network, so it may be less useful on a network (cell)connection.
    You can chose to use it via wifi network or not to. Works either way, and yep crazy quick!

I've been having the same issue and was chatting to a mate who works for Samsung and he advised to keep "S Beam" off then you can transfer images or whatever you like via NFC without any issues.
    In my experience I've found that it does take around 20-30 seconds to move the image across from one device to the other. However, very cool technology though.

Hope this helps?

Even I am facing the issue for NFC as I am not able to get Vedio from my friends Note 2 & even I check with S3. But I get error where Google play stores get open on my nexus 4 kindly suggest way out as I follow all the instruction of NFC.

I have nexus 4 & my bro note 2. I had the same probLem,was able to send him images and stuff but couldn't receive anything back, with the app store opening.
    Solution: turn the s-beam in galaxy note 2. Keep NFC only running.

- - - Updated - - -

I have nexus 4 & my bro note 2. I had the same probLem,was able to send him images and stuff but couldn't receive anything back, with the app store opening.
    Solution: turn the s-beam in galaxy note 2. Keep NFC only running.

File Expert has become the first to add NFC support. You simply tap two NFC-enabled phones together (both running File Expert, naturally) to share files.To use the functionality (let's assume you both have a Nexus S), tap and hold on any file; once the Operations menu pops up, click "Share" and from the Share to... dialog select "NFC Tapping" to send a file (or even a folder) to the other NFC-enabled Android phone by tapping them together.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12