Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Default Re: Net10, can send MMS but can not receive MMS

After so much looking and no help from Net10, I decided to check out other mvno's forums including solavei, straighttalk, and simple mobile. Non of the APM settings would work but guess what, I finally made it happen all thanks to this guy from solavei who had the same problem.

So here is the APN settings for NET10 and for MMS to work!! I tried it out and it worked but like always the chances of working after hours will depend and I will update this post to see if anything changes.

One last thing I first I tried out GO SMS pro and it worked, I then tried the stock messaging app and it works as well.... I TRIED THIS ON A AT&T BRANDED SAMSUNG GALAXY S3 i747 that is unlocked.

Here's the APN settings:

Name: net10
    APN: tfdata
    MMSC:
    MMS Proxy: mms3.tracfone.com
    MMS port: 80
    MCC: 310
    MNC: 410
    APN type: default,admin,fota,mms,supl,hipri

Now leave the other areas as they are if not listed, meaning leave them as not set

What these two websites have in common is the APN type, under straight talk, which is close to NET10.

Samsung Galaxy S III need help w/ APN settings for switching to Straight Talk

Just try these settings above, what else is there to lose. If your like me, you've regularly visit these forums for updates. If these settings work please like or hit the thanks button.

I give credit to all forums I visited, which include anroidforums, androidcentral, net10 forums, xda, simple mobile, straight talk, and that guy from Solavei who mentioned the apn type listing.
    Thanked by 14:
    + Show/Hide list of the thanked

Hi, having the same issue with my samsung gs3 for net10. I can send mms to friends but it won't download when message appears, always fails. Tried all suggestions on here, still no luck. Anyone have any tips for the s3? customer support was zero help, and said that they apparently have a disclaimer that mms messaging is not guaranteed to work, and she wouldn't give me any more help.

Hello to all. I spent 2 days trying to get my MMS to work, I tried every APN setting posted here and in other forums nothing worked. I finally came up with APN settings that work and happy to say I can now send and receive MMS no problem, plus Data is working. First my specs :
    Verizon Samsung Galaxy S3 (model 1535) Android 4.1.2
    My APN settings Only put the values I have listed otherwise leave blank :

Name: Net10
    APN: wap.tracfone
    proxy:
    port:
    MMSC:
    MMS PROXY: 216.155.165.40
    MMS PORT: 8080

I spent a lot of time on this.
    Will post a youtube video soon.

I have my galaxy s3 from AT&T. ..I set my Facebook as my default messenger and I can now receive pics. Kind of dumb cuz now I get 2 text messages, one in my regular text and another in fb. But simply go to fb messenger and click setting and make it default for mms text.
    Thanked by:
    Only1Z 
    Ron Dalessandro likes this.

If you set your Facebook as your default text server you will get pic text in both your fb and regular text box. I had to do it with my galaxy s3

DroidSlicer, is your Net10 sim card on the T-Mobile network?

Quote Originally Posted by ilenewm View Post
    DroidSlicer, is your Net10 sim card on the T-Mobile network?
    No it is on the net10 network unlimited plan.
    The phone was originally on Verizon (Verizon Samsung Galaxy S3 model 1535) I switched over to Net10 and loving it.

When I had the Net10 sim card that was on the AT&T I didn't have a problem sending MMS, but I switched to a Net10 sim card that's on the T-Mobile network because they don't suspend your service if you go over 1.5Gb of data like AT&T does. So now I'm not able to send or receive MMS. Net10 customer service isn't much help. They tried to tell me that the problem is my LG Google Nexus 4 phone, but I know it's not. I've tried several different APNs, with no success. So I'll keep looking for a solution, or go to the old sim card.

it saids problems while creating asn
    Thanked by:

i bought an unlocked phone (samsung galaxy duos). i already had net10 and was using the merit. i put my sim into the galaxy and was able to send and recieve calls and texts. i wasnt able to get data or pics. i messed with the apn settings a little and then was able to get data and recieve mms. but now i cant send mms. CS of net10 was no help at all and i haven't been able to find the answer anywhere else. i have tried almost all the settings out there but nothing seems to work. this is what i have now:
    name- net10, apn- att.mvno, port- 8080, mmsc- , mms proxy- mms3.tracfone.com, mms port- 80, mcc-310, mnc-410, authentication type- PAP, apn type- default, supl, mms

I just got a galaxy s3 for t moblie and I cant figure out how to get pics

The Galaxy S3 with at&t will send MMS and receive MMS if you download the free app of:
    Handcent SMS. It's a better MMS text software than the original messaging and everything starts working perfectly.

Use the following settings also, but the above is the real fix.

MMSC:
    Thanked by:

i have an htc inspire that i am using net10 with. service was fine until a month or so ago then i began having problems connecting to internet. downloading from google play store. i switched my mmsc settings to what setzkor suggested and am able to download now.. .. customer service at net10 is horrible and wanted me to call htc to fix their issue.. anyway this setting allowed me to download so thanks alot. if it stops working ill post again..

my htc is an att phone and here are the settings i am using now: name net 10 , apn: att.mvno , proxy: proxy.mvno.tracfone.com , port: 80 , mmsc: , mms proxy: 66.209.11.33, apn type: default,mms,supl

I have an unlocked samsung galaxy s3 mini and I just put it on the at&t sim card on the Net10 network. So far everything works but I can't get picture texts. I can send them but not receive. I tried everyone's suggestions for changing the APN but so far nothing has worked. I even downloaded Handcent, but even with Handcent I can't get the picture messages.

I see people suggest using Facebook as your text server, if you do this does it use data in order to send texts?

So I have an LG Thrill From att. It is unlocked and I am also using net10 on att network. Internet works fine, can send picture messages, but cannot receive.. also, I cannot view %95 of the pics on websites. This is strange to me and after reading all these posts, Idk what to do. Also, for the first week , i was unable to use the google play store. But i logged out og google and relogged in and now i am able to dload and update my apps.. so, If y'all have ANY suggestions, please lemme know. Please email me , as I'm having problems using this site on my phone and don't use a computer. Thanks for any help.

This worked perfect when I added the APN Types
    APN type: default,supl,mms

HDC Note II - Galaxy Note II Clone. Android 4.1.9

Quote Originally Posted by setzkor View Post
    I just got success on my Nexus 4 in using:

MMSC:
    MMS proxy: 66.209.11.33 (FYI this is just the IPv4 address for mms3.tracfone.com)
    APN type: default,supl,mms

All seems to be working (data, inbound and outbound mms)...of course NET10 service has been flaky to say the least, so it could stop tomorrow.

I added this APN type and now my Nexus 4 works. I am using NET 10 in WV.

Global Posts
    24 Global Posts

This is frustrating NONE of these work for me using an ATT SIM, hopefully the developers on XDA get WIFI calling to work soon on the Nexus 4 so I can go back to Tmo

Default Net10, can send MMS but can not receive MMS

For the people who can't receive MMS but can send it you should try taking out the sim card and cleaning it. I couldn't receive MMS so I went to a Tmobile store because I was thinking about switching to their month to month plan when my Net10 month was up and they took out my sim to see what kind of internet I'd get on my phone. Well that didn't work but before we put the sim card in my boyfriend cleaned it because it was a little dirty (probably a fingerprint). After I turned my phone on (GS3 mini) the "N" with the wifi symbol that had appeared when I started my Net10 service had disappeared. I didn't know what this meant but everything still worked just fine. Later that night a friend sent me a picture text and it actually came through! So my advice, turn off the phone, take the sim card out, clean it, then turn the phone back on.

Btw I'm using the AT&T Net10 sim card and the APN settings Net10 gives you.

I am on Net10 ATT and was having the same MMS problem. Read on Howard Forums that someone used the app gosms. I installed gosms sure enough I can now receive mms .
    Thanked by:

Go SMS pro app from the google play market just fixed my issue.
    Thanked by:

Sorry, am new to Android coming from years of iPhones. Can't receive MMS photos via text. Installed SMS Pro. Still no luck. With AT&T on new Galaxy S4. Where would I enter all those numbers in previous posts. Appreciate any help you can provide.

Sorry, i'm a bit of a newbie when it comes to customizing phone settings. Could you explain how you get to that window "edit access point"?
    I'm not sure if i'm having the same problem, my phone can send picture messages, but they are never received. I would look at this as, not a problem from my end except that when I am sent picture messages, I do not receive anything.

It appears as if there is no problem, no error messages, except that it simply is not working.

I use T-Mobile if this affects anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Homes123 View Post
    The Galaxy S3 with at&t will send MMS and receive MMS if you download the free app of:
    Handcent SMS. It's a better MMS text software than the original messaging and everything starts working perfectly.

Use the following settings also, but the above is the real fix.

MMSC:

OK I tried this for my GS3 and It didn't work so ok I downloaded a free app with more adware. uninstalling

heres a good quality video of the apn setting for smartphone on the net10 when using the tmobile network
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast