Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 34
Like Tree3Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Nexus 4 for FREE at T Mobile!

    Looks like you can pick up a 16gb Nexus 4, on contract, for $50 then they offer a $50 rebate making the phone free. Wait a month then pay $200 early termination fee and you have a $200 Nexus 4!




    Sent from my tricked out iPhone 4 while my Rezound charges!!!
  2. #2  

    Default Re: Nexus 4 for FREE at T Mobile!

    Brilliant!

    But it sounds too good to be true.
  3. #3  
    bassmanxu's Avatar

    Posts
    154 Posts
    Global Posts
    155 Global Posts
    Carrier
    MikG/Synergy

    Default Re: Nexus 4 for FREE at T Mobile!

    Too good to be true??
  4. #4  
    Chex313's Avatar

    Posts
    653 Posts
    Global Posts
    662 Global Posts
    Carrier
    6.0 Marshmallow

    Default Re: Nexus 4 for FREE at T Mobile!

    I would do this to AT&T or Verizon (Actually I wouldn't) but T-Mo needs all the help they can get. We need the competition.
    MERCDROID likes this.
  5. #5  

    Default Re: Nexus 4 for FREE at T Mobile!

    Quote Originally Posted by zrxoa1 View Post
    Looks like you can pick up a 16gb Nexus 4, on contract, for $50 then they offer a $50 rebate making the phone free. Wait a month then pay $200 early termination fee and you have a $200 Nexus 4!




    Sent from my tricked out iPhone 4 while my Rezound charges!!!
    Plus the difference between what you paid for the phone and full retail price.

    You think Tmobile is stupid?

    Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
  6. #6  
    PWC Realtor's Avatar

    Posts
    486 Posts
    Global Posts
    606 Global Posts
    Carrier
    CodeName 3.3

    Default Re: Nexus 4 for FREE at T Mobile!

    Quote Originally Posted by gone down south View Post
    Plus the difference between what you paid for the phone and full retail price.

    You think Tmobile is stupid?

    Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
    Don't forget the cost of service while the phone was active plus any activation fees.

    Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
  7. #7  
    moosc's Avatar
    Grand Master Moosc

    Posts
    3,542 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,616 Global Posts
    Carrier
    AKOP M4 old geezer theme

    Default Re: Nexus 4 for FREE at T Mobile!

    Still ends up being cheaper then buying from play store and you will get it sooner
    Quote Originally Posted by mwilkins View Post
    Don't forget the cost of service while the phone was active plus any activation fees.

    Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums


    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2
  8. #8  

    Default Re: Nexus 4 for FREE at T Mobile!

    Quote Originally Posted by gone down south View Post
    Plus the difference between what you paid for the phone and full retail price.

    You think Tmobile is stupid?

    Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
    No, you'd only have to pay the rest if you buy on the value plan



    On the classic plan you'd only be responsible for the ETF

    sent from the best smart phone (not phablet) on the worst network- the Galaxy S3 unfortunately on T-Mobile
  9. #9  

    Default Re: Nexus 4 for FREE at T Mobile!

    Quote Originally Posted by The Hustleman View Post
    No, you'd only have to pay the rest if you buy on the value plan



    On the classic plan you'd only be responsible for the ETF

    sent from the best smart phone (not phablet) on the worst network- the Galaxy S3 unfortunately on T-Mobile
    Yeah? You try it! :-)

    Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
  10. #10  

    Default Re: Nexus 4 for FREE at T Mobile!

    Too good to be true? Yeah right, this is no deal.

    $300 savings up front to be tied to a 2 year contract, no thank you. Not worth it.
  11. #11  

    Default Re: Nexus 4 for FREE at T Mobile!

    Quote Originally Posted by FYourProblems View Post
    Too good to be true? Yeah right, this is no deal.

    $300 savings up front to be tied to a 2 year contract, no thank you. Not worth it.
    Paying the ETF and going to pre-paid is what the OP suggested. Unless there are some other costs associated with ETF, it seems like a brilliant idea.
  12. #12  

    Default Re: Nexus 4 for FREE at T Mobile!

    Quote Originally Posted by gone down south View Post
    Plus the difference between what you paid for the phone and full retail price.

    are you implying that one would have to pay the ETF plus the difference between what you paid for the phone and full retail price?

    Because that would make sense along the "too good to be true" lines...
  13. #13  

    Default Re: Nexus 4 for FREE at T Mobile!

    Quote Originally Posted by Jaysus View Post
    are you implying that one would have to pay the ETF plus the difference between what you paid for the phone and full retail price?

    Because that would make sense along the "too good to be true" lines...
    Not implying, saying.

    Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
  14. #14  
    NexusGirlX's Avatar
    Retired Moderator

    Posts
    2,301 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,682 Global Posts

    Default Re: Nexus 4 for FREE at T Mobile!

    Quote Originally Posted by FYourProblems View Post
    Too good to be true? Yeah right, this is no deal.

    $300 savings up front to be tied to a 2 year contract, no thank you. Not worth it.
    Why not? ARen't you going to have phone service in the next two years anyways? Plus the phone is unlocked just as if you bought it from Google.
  15. #15  

    Default Re: Nexus 4 for FREE at T Mobile!

    Quote Originally Posted by FYourProblems View Post
    Too good to be true? Yeah right, this is no deal.

    $300 savings up front to be tied to a 2 year contract, no thank you. Not worth it.
    On the other hand, if you're comfortable with what the service provider offers (signal, data package, pricing, etc.) then signing the dreaded contract isn't really such a big deal. I got solid promotional pricing with T-Mo after signing a 2-year contract--despite the fact that every phone I was bringing to them (including my N4) was factory unlocked. I think it all depends on what your needs / expectations are. Yeah, I'm “locked in," til 2014, but since everything works the way I want it to, it's not really an issue for me.

    Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
  16. #16  

    Default Re: Nexus 4 for FREE at T Mobile!

    Quote Originally Posted by soma4society View Post
    On the other hand, if you're comfortable with what the service provider offers ,
    This. I've been with T-Mobile since they were Voicestream...like 15 years or something. I have NO problem signing a contract with them.

    This time I didn't sign one though.
    MERCDROID likes this.
  17. #17  
    NexusGirlX's Avatar
    Retired Moderator

    Posts
    2,301 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,682 Global Posts

    Default Re: Nexus 4 for FREE at T Mobile!

    Quote Originally Posted by Basscase View Post
    This. I've been with T-Mobile since they were Voicestream...like 15 years or something. I have NO problem signing a contract with them.

    This time I didn't sign one though.
    In my area, T-Mobile has the fastest data speeds then anyone else. I still have an iPhone activated on AT&T, I get about 2Mbps- 12Mbps but at home, I get about 30Kbps-2Mbps.

    I HAD an iPhone on Verizon and cancelled it due to NO 3G or data at home.

    On T-Mobile, I get anywhere from 17Mbps-22Mbps even at home. I should have never tried anyone else but T-Mobile. I started a two year contract with them to get my N4 for $49 last week and haven't regretted it once.
  18. #18  

    Default Re: Nexus 4 for FREE at T Mobile!

    Quote Originally Posted by NexusGirlX View Post
    In my area, T-Mobile has the fastest data speeds then anyone else.
    ...
    What area?
    I don't get great speeds in San Francisco which is disappointing.
    Though significantly better than my iPhone 5 that's usually only on Edge even downtown!

    Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
  19. #19  

    Default Re: Nexus 4 for FREE at T Mobile!

    So by free, you mean $200 (assuming that actually works).

    You need to brush up on the definition of "free."
    MERCDROID likes this.
  20. #20  
    NexusGirlX's Avatar
    Retired Moderator

    Posts
    2,301 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,682 Global Posts

    Default Re: Nexus 4 for FREE at T Mobile!

    Quote Originally Posted by Lanhoj View Post
    What area?
    I don't get great speeds in San Francisco which is disappointing.
    Though significantly better than my iPhone 5 that's usually only on Edge even downtown!

    Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
    Denver Colorado.
  21. #21  
    return_0's Avatar

    Posts
    2,523 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,597 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock (soon to be PA3)

    Default Re: Nexus 4 for FREE at T Mobile!

    Quote Originally Posted by FYourProblems View Post
    Too good to be true? Yeah right, this is no deal.

    $300 savings up front to be tied to a 2 year contract, no thank you. Not worth it.
    Did you even read the OP's entire comment? Here, I'll show you:

    Quote Originally Posted by zrxoa1 View Post
    Looks like you can pick up a 16gb Nexus 4, on contract, for $50 then they offer a $50 rebate making the phone free. Wait a month then pay $200 early termination fee and you have a $200 Nexus 4!
    Usually, when you pay an ETF, you actually get off the contract. That's the whole point of an ETF.
  22. Thread Author  Thread Author    #22  

    Default Re: Nexus 4 for FREE at T Mobile!

    Plus if ordered online, they are currently waving activation fees!!!

    If you pay ETF, you do not have to give phone back or pay any differences. That is the purpose of charging you with the ETF.

    Unless t mobile has some thing else in their fine print....

    Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums
  23. #23  

    Default Re: Nexus 4 for FREE at T Mobile!

    but according to the $200 ETF, almost every phone will be worth buying and then selling on eBay... Am I missing something?
  24. #24  

    Default Re: Nexus 4 for FREE at T Mobile!

    Everybody is missing the fact that they will tax you the full retail ($585)
  25. Thread Author  Thread Author    #25  

    Default Nexus 4 for FREE at T Mobile!

    Tax you when, at initial checkout?


    Sent from my tricked out iPhone 4 while my Rezound charges!!!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 17
    Last Post: 10-02-2012, 05:31 PM
  2. Nexus S free at Best Buy on 8/3/11
    By estebanj in forum Sprint Nexus S 4G
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 08-07-2011, 03:26 PM
  3. Can now get the EVO for free at bestbuy.....
    By MEZOCLONE in forum HTC EVO 4G
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 06-13-2011, 10:43 PM
  4. FREE Sprint-EVO mobile hotspot for June!
    By bmoore in forum HTC EVO 4G
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-28-2010, 10:05 AM
  5. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 05-04-2010, 01:44 PM

Posting Permissions