Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By jackkelly96
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Android 4.2.2 battery bug

I put my Nexus 4 on charge over night, as usual. I woke up with 100% battery, obviously, drained the battery down to 75% and thought I'd put it back on charge to keep it topped up. As soon as I put it on it said it was fully charged, even though it couldn't have been. So I took it off charge and started using it a little while later when suddenly it told me my battery was 34% it just dropped straight down? I'm charging it now and it seems to be functioning normally at the moment. Anyone else had this problem? Also I've looked at the battery on my Nexus 7 and it's been at 34% a few times, it could be a coincidence though.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Android 4.2.2 battery bug-screenshot_2013-02-23-13-44-07.png  

Global Posts
    587 Global Posts
    ROM
    4.4 KitKat

Default Re: Android 4.2.2 battery bug

Nothing like that here. Did you do the usual power down and battery removal?

The one thing is that a charger that works on our GN and S2 no longer charges the N4. So we only use the one that came with it. it must be some cheap one I picked up somewhere.

Oddly though I am sure I am misremembering....It stuck the N4 at 34%. That's weird. Any way just putting it on a good charger, it immediately charged like normal.
    N5 Black 32GB (4.4.4), N4 (4.4.4), iphone 5 (ios 8), ONE+64GB, N7(5.0 "L") AT&T The Nexus 5 is so fast...I just finished the internet...The ending wasn't great...

ROM
    LiquidSmooth

Its not a bug in 4.2.2 because it used to happen in 4.2.1 as well. I think it usually happens when you change between different currents when charging your phone (USB/Mains).
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Quote Originally Posted by Chex313 View Post
    Nothing like that here. Did you do the usual power down and battery removal?

The one thing is that a charger that works on our GN and S2 no longer charges the N4. So we only use the one that came with it. it must be some cheap one I picked up somewhere.

Oddly though I am sure I am misremembering....It stuck the N4 at 34%. That's weird. Any way just putting it on a good charger, it immediately charged like normal.
    I have done a power down since and it seems to be working normally... I just thought I'd ask if anyone else was having the same issues, my micro usb chargers work across all my devices.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rizy7 View Post
    Its not a bug in 4.2.2 because it used to happen in 4.2.1 as well. I think it usually happens when you change between different currents when charging your phone (USB/Mains).
    Your devices do it too then?

ROM
    LiquidSmooth

My first nexus 4 did but I havent had it happen since. The battery reading gets a bit confused. I think if you reboot the phone, the right battery will be displayed
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Quote Originally Posted by Rizy7 View Post
    My first nexus 4 did but I havent had it happen since. The battery reading gets a bit confused. I think if you reboot the phone, the right battery will be displayed
    I see, I've rebooted and it seems to be fine now, and thanks.
    Rizy7 likes this.