my very first true smartphone

jc0187

Feb 23, 2013
Visit site
Hello community. So today is my third day of using my nexus 4 and I gotta say...I am LOVING this awesome machine!! I came from a Nokia lumia 710. Yes I know, the lumia 710 IS a smartphone, sorta. Lol. I spent over a year with my lumia 710 and the experience was great. At first. At first it was new and exiting. To have a smartphone that could be used as a mini laptop. Then the firmware become quickly outdated and T-Mobile no longer updated the software. And that is when the shallow, broken smartphone qualities really came out. It left me with a craving that my 710 couldn't quench. The nexus 4 is everything, and I mean EVERYTHING my lumia was not. So, any tips on or hints on features or options that I should know about? There wasn't really any sort of manual that came with this thing except a starter guide. One question I was wondering; is there a regular internet explorer shortcut app similar to the Google search? For example, if I wanted to go directly to a website, do I always have to enter it into the Google search bar, or can I download an app that will take me to a homepage of my choosing? Thanks for any advice.

Topgonzo

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
Congratulations! The nexus 4 its truly a wonderful device. Glad you are enjoying it so much.

Sent from my amazing HTC

jc0187

Feb 23, 2013
Visit site
one thing I noticed right off the bat: I can now view my battery level AND the time of day without having to exit the app I'm in or surfing the web. these little things just make me smile.

skidmark

Dec 25, 2010
Visit site
Hello community. So today is my third day of using my nexus 4 and I gotta say...I am LOVING this awesome machine!! I came from a Nokia lumia 710. Yes I know, the lumia 710 IS a smartphone, sorta. Lol. I spent over a year with my lumia 710 and the experience was great. At first. At first it was new and exiting. To have a smartphone that could be used as a mini laptop. Then the firmware become quickly outdated and T-Mobile no longer updated the software. And that is when the shallow, broken smartphone qualities really came out. It left me with a craving that my 710 couldn't quench. The nexus 4 is everything, and I mean EVERYTHING my lumia was not. So, any tips on or hints on features or options that I should know about? There wasn't really any sort of manual that came with this thing except a starter guide. One question I was wondering; is there a regular internet explorer shortcut app similar to the Google search? For example, if I wanted to go directly to a website, do I always have to enter it into the Google search bar, or can I download an app that will take me to a homepage of my choosing? Thanks for any advice.

You can create bookmarks within the chrome browser like any other computer based browser.

Once you make a bookmark you can also put a shortcut on your home screen if you want. Just long press on the home screen and you will be given options.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

return_0

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
There wasn't really any sort of manual that came with this thing except a starter guide.

If by starter guide you mean the little booklet that came in the box, there's also a guidebook that comes with your N4. Just open the Play Books app and you should see a blue book called "Nexus 4 Guidebook".

Treknologist

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to Android and to the Nexus 4! Glad to see that you are enjoying the phone. If you use Chrome as your desktop browser, you can set things up so the bookmarks sync between your phone and your desktop Chrome browser. The same thing can be accomplished if you use Firefox. Either browser allows you to set bookmarks on the mobile browsers as well.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12