Where are the photos and videos stored on Nexus 4?

billdz

Jan 5, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

I wanted to transfer photos and videos taken with my N4 to a Windows 7 laptop. Plugged in the USB, clicked on Open device to view files in Windows Explorer, clicked on Internal Storage, but cannot seem to find the folder where the photos and videos are kept. Tried Pictures, myalbum, myrecord, and several others.

Would someone please tell me how to find the photos and videos?

Thanks much,
b

EDIT: Never mind, found it, sorry for the bandwidth. In case anyone else has a similar issue, the path is Internal Storage > DCIM > Camera.

PcNy

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
I checked DCIM folder. I can view all images but not videos.
Videos have 0 byte and cannot play. I can play video in my Nexus 4 though but not in my PC.

: <

fernandezhjr

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
I checked DCIM folder. I can view all images but not videos.
Videos have 0 byte and cannot play. I can play video in my Nexus 4 though but not in my PC.

: <

Did you try copying the file to the PC? The video format is mp4. Your PC media player may not play that format. You may need to download a codec and/or configure it.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

randomfactor

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
Prerequisite: When you attach the USB cable to your computer, you must check the box labeled "Attach as camera" or else the DCIM folder will not be generated. You can't just attach your Nexus 4 as a media storage device (because the photo and video files will not be converted from their Android storage format into .jpg and .mp4 files).

Randall (aka @randroid58)

Hi,

Would someone please tell me how to find the photos and videos?

Thanks much,
b

EDIT: Never mind, found it, sorry for the bandwidth. In case anyone else has a similar issue, the path is Internal Storage > DCIM > Camera.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol