Couple of questions from a new buyer

Prash7

Feb 23, 2013
Visit site
Hey all,

So, I ordered my N4 and it should arrive this Friday. Couple of questions:

1) Is it still "the thing to do" to fully charge the phone then let it drain completely at first?

2) I use my phone a lot at night. Is it bad to leave it charging all night, or leave it on the charger after it's fully charged? Does it damage the phone/battery at all?

Thanks!

mhinc

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
battery at first

Hey all,

1) Is it still "the thing to do" to fully charge the phone then let it drain completely at first?

2) I use my phone a lot at night. Is it bad to leave it charging all night, or leave it on the charger after it's fully charged? Does it damage the phone/battery at all?

Thanks!

Hey Prash,

No, I don't care what ANYONE says, you no longer have to "Train" a battery. Worst thing actually you can do is to drain it. Use your phone as normal and plug it in when you get home.
As for the second questions. The Nexus 4, even if left plugged in, will stop charging when it hits 100% even if left plugged in and cause no damage.

TheLibertarian

Sep 3, 2012
Visit site
battery at first

Hey all,

Thanks!

Supposedly these days you don't need to condition your battery, and there's some built-in type feature that prevents any sort of overcharging on your battery from leaving it plugged in for extended periods of time.

So naturally the first two weeks of owning my Nexus 4, I charged it fully and ran back down to 1-3% every time... maybe it helps, maybe it doesn't but I played it safe seeing as the battery isn't removable and I'm stuck with it!

Prash7

Feb 23, 2013
Visit site
Ooh, awesome. I usually use my phone at night whilst on charge. Does the phone usually get quite hot whilst charging and being used? :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dustojnikhummer