Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By llamainmypocket
  • 1 Post By TheLibertarian
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default will t-mobile replace your 8gb with a 16gb (its all they sell)

I have T-Mobile ... & an 8GB N4

T-Mobile sells only the 16GB version. If I need to get a replacement with my warranty insurance, what do you think T-Mobile will send?

Also, anyone else find it bizarre how the N4 sales with Google are on backorder but T-Mobile is giving them away for free like hotcakes?? I get that they may have different stock but isn't it ALL coming from LG? to me it makes logical sense that if there is only one manufacturer then both Google & T-Mobile would be on back order... no?

Default Re: will t-mobile replace your 8gb with a 16gb (its all they sell)

If all they sell is a 16GB version then how did you come to get a warranty with them while owning an 8GB version?
    TheLibertarian likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by llamainmypocket View Post
    If all they sell is a 16GB version then how did you come to get a warranty with them while owning an 8GB version?
    +1 and where in the hell did you hear they are on backorder? google is shipping out as soon as you order. its been like this for a month now.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

when you pay for insurance with your carrier/asurian, and loose your phone or need a replacement they replace/exchange whatever type of phone you last had your sim card in.

i was using an HTC One S, however since i'm using a N4, it automatically becomes covered as soon as i put my sim card in it and it registers on their network. if you use a phone the carrier doesn't offer they will offer you something similar. t-mobile offers the N4 but only the 16GB version so i'm wondering is that what they will replace yours with if you have an 8GB

and maybe back ordered was the wrong word... they JUST started shipping them out immediately like this week... Google is flexing from "1-2 weeks" to "2-3 weeks" shipping time frame... if that isn't a backorder then whats the hold up? why is it taking two weeks to ship a phone? i don't know what the reason for that is but currently if you order one with t-mobile you get it within two days no questions asked.

By that logic, wouldn't I be able to buy a cheap phone on from TMo, insure it, then replace it with a more expensive phone out of my own pocket and expect TMo to replace it if it's broke/lost/stolen?

Pretty sure insurance doesn't transfer over to phones, especially ones you haven't purchased from TMo directly.

Quote Originally Posted by Ice Phrozen View Post
    By that logic, wouldn't I be able to buy a cheap phone on from TMo, insure it, then replace it with a more expensive phone out of my own pocket and expect TMo to replace it if it's broke/lost/stolen?

Pretty sure insurance doesn't transfer over to phones, especially ones you haven't purchased from TMo directly.
    Insurance is the same price for all phones isn't it? Many times I've traded phones or bought anew phone on Craig's list and had it replaced through insurance with no problems. If insurance is $7 for a n4 and $7 for an s3 why would it matter if u used an upgrade on the s3 then bought the n4 out of pocket and out your Sim in it?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

I've done it with verizon/sprint before. Never with att/tmobile

8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

insurance is tied to your account not the phone you buy. when you put your sim card in a phone tmobile automatically registers it on their network and that automatically becomes the phone covered under the warranty/insurance. they can always detect what model phone you are using.

If you were able to buy an 8GB version, I'm sure the insurance company can, too.
    Unicorn Rancher likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by still1 View Post
    +1 and where in the hell did you hear they are on backorder? google is shipping out as soon as you order. its been like this for a month now.
    Ummm no, up until a few days ago it was 1 to 3 week shipping dates

Their policy is to replace your device with the same device, then it goes to like model, then a device of equal value. If they do an upgrade its because its an older model and no longer available and then they put you in the next step up model. T-Mobile might not sell 8GB units but im pretty sure Asurion will have them. If not you might get a HTC One S back. Its close in price then the GS3 is. OR as you mentioned the MIGHT get you a 16GB unit.
    DropBox lets you sync files across Android, iOS, and Desktop Computers. Sign up for free, install, get me and you extra space! DropBox
    Twitter @AndroidTechGuy and @IAmSixNine
    Google+Google+

Quote Originally Posted by PaulMilander View Post
    Ummm no, up until a few days ago it was 1 to 3 week shipping dates

it was 2-3 weeks few weeks ago. it is now 1-2 weeks but they are not backordered. even though they said 1-2 weeks they shipped within 3 days.
    which is far from being back ordered.

Quote Originally Posted by razzyjones View Post
    Also, anyone else find it bizarre how the N4 sales with Google are on backorder but T-Mobile is giving them away for free like hotcakes??
    The "Ships in 1-2 weeks" that Google's doing doesn't necessarily mean it's was on backorder. It could just as easily mean that, even though they now have them in stock, they have such a backlog orders (or flood of new orders) that it's taking them week or more to get new orders shipped because they're still working on getting the backlog shipped.

Quote Originally Posted by razzyjones View Post
    ...I get that they may have different stock but isn't it ALL coming from LG? to me it makes logical sense that if there is only one manufacturer then both Google & T-Mobile would be on back order... no?
    There's also the quantity being sold by Google versus T-Mobile, too. If LG delivered to both Google and T-Mobile, say, 1 million units each, but LG has only 500,000 customers wanting to buy in the same time frame that Google sold their 1 million, then Google is going to on backorder quicker than T-Mobile.
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #14  

yes that all makes sense
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #15  

Update.

Just got my replacement from UPS from t-mobile and they replaced my 8GB with a 16GB

Congrats on the upgrade.
    DropBox lets you sync files across Android, iOS, and Desktop Computers. Sign up for free, install, get me and you extra space! DropBox
    Twitter @AndroidTechGuy and @IAmSixNine
    Google+Google+
  17. Thread Author  Thread Author    #17  

Quote Originally Posted by IAmSixNine View Post
    Congrats on the upgrade.

Thanks!!