- 414 Posts
Custom Ringtone / Notification Sounds don't show up
I'm familiar with how and where (to my knowledge) sound files go to be used for ringtones, notifications, etc. However, even when I put them in the very clearly-labeled folders on my phone, they don't show up on any list either in Settings or in any app that can look there and let you pick something.
So, can someone explain what I'm doing wrong?
I've tried using OGG, MP3, and WAV files, and nothing seems to work.
I've also searched Android Central and have yet to find a thread relating to this, but if one is there, by all means post a link to it.
Thanks so much in advance!
- 02-25-2013, 11:52 AM #2
- 02-25-2013, 12:01 PM #3
- 02-25-2013, 12:44 PM #4
- 11-09-2013, 04:32 PM #6
- 1 Posts
Re: Custom Ringtone / Notification Sounds don't show up
I know the thread is old, but after pulling my hair out for a long time I figured I'd chime in. I found that you need to make sure your mp3 has a Title. In windows this means opening the properties for the file and going to the Details tab. if the Title line is blank...it will not show up. I am sure you could use any mp3 tag editor, but this is simple enough. I did not even have to reboot the phone after copying over the edited file.
- By theineffablebob in forum Android 2.3 GingerbreadReplies: 9Last Post: 09-21-2015, 07:00 AM
- By Dperks17 in forum Incredible Rooting, ROMs, and HacksReplies: 5Last Post: 12-18-2010, 01:08 AM
- By darrylmendo in forum Motorola Droid 2Replies: 13Last Post: 10-25-2010, 09:57 AM
- By IvanWatkins in forum AT&T CaptivateReplies: 0Last Post: 10-10-2010, 08:42 PM
- By cmiquel in forum HTC AriaReplies: 0Last Post: 08-30-2010, 02:43 PM