1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Facebook Messenger Locking up.

Hi guys, I have been loving my nexus 4 but there has been one recurring issue. When I click on a facebook msg notification, it'll bring up the chat window with my friend, and the keyboard will pop up, but the chat itself, is frozen. The box where you would type and the send button stay at the bottom of the screen, blocked by the keyboard. I can still type and if I actually click where the send button should re-adjust itself too when the keyboard pops up, it will actually send, but it doesn't show it. I have to back out of the chat and into the list of all my chats. I'll try to post a screen shot later to show you what it looks like. I probably could have explained this better but just see if anyone out there has had a similar experience. I have uninstalled it a couple times and it always comes back.

Default Re: Facebook Messenger Locking up.

Happens to me to. I've learned that if you rotate it so it landscapes, then turn it back to portrait, it will correct itself.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

Global Posts
    231 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Happens to me all the time on my Nexus7 as well.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Alright well at least I'm not alone in this. It's just very odd, never had this issue with my Gnex. Also I have auto-rotate turned off. Like I said, if I just back out and click back in it's fixed so it's not the end of the world. Just a littler perplexing.

Yep, happens to me. If you leave the app, hit the multitasking button and swipe the app away. When you go back into the app the next time you get a message the issue will be gone. Send your next reply, repeat lol.