Just got it - unlocked and rooted it.
Have a few issues.
The download for 4.2.2 is sitting there, and I would like it off notifications. I have no intention of installing it.
I can't seem to get the computer to see the phone as anything besides media or camera. I have everything backed up by TB, and I can't get the updates iin.
I can't get to the SD card via USB and debugging. If debugging is on, the computer doesn't see the device.
I would like a custom ROM that is extremely basic. I am using CM 9 on a Nexus S, but I don't need all the accessories and goodies. I'm eying Rasbean Jelly, but can't find too much info.
The only stuff from Google I need is Play. I've disabled most of everything else, and Gmail is in Aquamail/ I'd love to get rid of Maps, totally. The same for location. I don't and won't use voice or gestures.
I've been burned by updates and would rather update manually.
The main thing is getting the computer (XP) to recognize the SD card when connected by USB.
It's running my super large apps better than the S, which is why I bought it.
- 02-25-2013, 10:26 PM #2
- 02-28-2013, 01:48 AM #4Android Evangelist
HTC Desire + Samsung Galaxy SIIx + Transformer TF101 and Prime + Nexus 4 + OnePlus One
Re: New N4
I did have usb drivers. Got them when I rooted the phone. Zero byte files will not transfer like they used to. I checked properties in ES file explorer and in Windows for the S.
I backed up Nexus S by transferring the whole card - zero byte files and all to the computer.
The 4 sits there with a message about computing time to transfer file. I guess it can't consider that an empty folder will take zero time.
I found this out by exporting files one by one to computer.
- By musichem in forum Google Nexus 4Replies: 10Last Post: 09-19-2013, 07:13 AM
- By Newwt in forum Nexus 4 Rooting, ROMs, & HacksReplies: 5Last Post: 02-16-2013, 02:44 PM
- By danielcj in forum Google Nexus 4Replies: 24Last Post: 12-22-2012, 04:34 PM
- By theTallest in forum Google Nexus 4Replies: 3Last Post: 12-19-2012, 12:49 PM
- By LuisT in forum IntroductionsReplies: 5Last Post: 06-11-2011, 12:56 PM