1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Cross app sharing and User Dictionary

This is really a general Android question, but is there a way to exclude apps that appear when you are sharing an article, picture, link, etc?

Also, the use dictionary doesn't allow some words to be added. Is there a way to force it?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

Global Posts
    1,124 Global Posts
    ROM
    Android 4.4.2

Default Re: Cross app sharing and User Dictionary

Quote Originally Posted by KwietStorm View Post
    This is really a general Android question, but is there a way to exclude apps that appear when you are sharing an article, picture, link, etc?

Also, the use dictionary doesn't allow some words to be added. Is there a way to force it?

Global Posts
    1,124 Global Posts
    ROM
    Android 4.4.2

This is really a general question, but is there a way to exclude apps that appear when you are sharing an article, picture, link, etc?

Global Posts
    1,124 Global Posts
    ROM
    Android 4.4.2

Your first question is very confusing to ME. I don't know what that is pertaining to exactly. I Googled the hell out of it... but had no luck. I'm not an Android guru, but alot of the people on this forum are. Perhaps if you could explain better?

5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quote Originally Posted by Greg C View Post
    Your first question is very confusing to ME. I don't know what that is pertaining to exactly. I Googled the hell out of it... but had no luck. I'm not an Android guru, but alot of the people on this forum are. Perhaps if you could explain better?
    For instance, as in the included image, all apps that can share the desired content will be listed, but depending on the app I'm using, I usually only use 1 of 2 choices. Is there a way to exclude or be selective as to which apps "work?" Sorry if that wasn't clear the first time.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Cross app sharing and User Dictionary-uploadfromtaptalk1362013095736.jpg  

Global Posts
    1,124 Global Posts
    ROM
    Android 4.4.2

No there is not. You get the option of "Once" or "Always" for some apps.... others you do not. I don't know why it's like that.

For instance, as included image, all apps that can share the desired content will be listed, but depending on the app I'm using, I usually only use 1 of 2 choices. Is there a way to exclude or be selective as to which apps "work?" Sorry if that wasn't clear the first time.

If my post helped you out...please be kind and hit the "THANKS BUTTON."
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

I actually found an app that does mostly what I was looking for. Andmade Share. Now I can deselect or "hide" apps from the share list that I have no concern with sharing content with. Its not specific to individual apps, at least not the free version, but its good enough, considering the alternative, which is nothing. I don't know why Google wouldn't have this option baked in.