Cross app sharing and User Dictionary

KwietStorm

May 14, 2010
Visit site
This is really a general Android question, but is there a way to exclude apps that appear when you are sharing an article, picture, link, etc?

Also, the use dictionary doesn't allow some words to be added. Is there a way to force it?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

Greg C

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
Your first question is very confusing to ME. I don't know what that is pertaining to exactly. I Googled the hell out of it... but had no luck. I'm not an Android guru, but alot of the people on this forum are. Perhaps if you could explain better?

This is really a general Android question, but is there a way to exclude apps that appear when you are sharing an article, picture, link, etc?

Also, the use dictionary doesn't allow some words to be added. Is there a way to force it?

KwietStorm

May 14, 2010
Visit site
Your first question is very confusing to ME. I don't know what that is pertaining to exactly. I Googled the hell out of it... but had no luck. I'm not an Android guru, but alot of the people on this forum are. Perhaps if you could explain better?

For instance, as in the included image, all apps that can share the desired content will be listed, but depending on the app I'm using, I usually only use 1 of 2 choices. Is there a way to exclude or be selective as to which apps "work?" Sorry if that wasn't clear the first time.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1362013095736.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1362013095736.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 21

Greg C

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
No there is not. You get the option of "Once" or "Always" for some apps.... others you do not. I don't know why it's like that.

For instance, as included image, all apps that can share the desired content will be listed, but depending on the app I'm using, I usually only use 1 of 2 choices. Is there a way to exclude or be selective as to which apps "work?" Sorry if that wasn't clear the first time.

KwietStorm

May 14, 2010
Visit site
I actually found an app that does mostly what I was looking for. Andmade Share. Now I can deselect or "hide" apps from the share list that I have no concern with sharing content with. Its not specific to individual apps, at least not the free version, but its good enough, considering the alternative, which is nothing. I don't know why Google wouldn't have this option baked in.