Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

ROM
    Stock / Stock

Default Question: VoIP on Nexus 4

My Nexus 4 is on At&t
    My girlfriends gs3 is on sprint.
    Both are stock and not rooted.

The other day my gf had no cell signal she called sprint and they told her there was an issue with the tower near her and techs were on it right now.

We were unable to talk so I suggested a voice call via tango. (since she has wifi at home data was no issue) the call sounded super duper ultra clear on both ends. However, she complained that she could hear every single thing going on around me. We tried the call using Skype (voice only) and it was the same. When I went to see her later that day I wanted to hear it for myself so we switched phones and it was exactly as she said you could hear everything in the room.

(no exaggeration: dropped a single staple on a glass table and held my Nexus 4 a foot away and she said it was loud and clear.)

This leads me to believe it has something to do with noise cancellation. Anyone else experience this? Is it an issue on my end or hers?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Default Re: Question: VoIP on Nexus 4

The only thing I've ever used on my nexus 4 is Skype and I haven't noticed or heard of anything. There's a very small hole at the top of the phone that I think is for noise cancellation. Have you tried covering that hole with your finger to identify the problem?

Global Posts
    1,552 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Try vonage. Works great over wifi and is a free app in the google play store. You can also use your own number. I use it a lot with my brother because his wife's family lives in the middle of no where and doesn't get cell service. You can even text with it.

Sent from my A500 using Android Central Forums

Try the Skype troubleshooting as well.