Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 100
Like Tree111Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default stay away from google products

    i have purchased a google nexus 4 about 4 weeks ago, and when it arrived from america to the uk, it was wet the phone when i got it out of the box, i then contacted google for a refund, and they said they send a shipping label out, but they still hAavent after 4 weeks of asking them, there very poor customer services, and not interested if there is a fault, i am still trying now,

    so my advice stay clear of gooogle products, get samsung or sony, or even iphone, anything but google product
  2. #2  

    Default Re: stay away from google products

    thanks for the advice but NO thanks.
  3. #3  

    Default Re: stay away from google products

    Sorry you had such a bad experience but most people have had a good experience with Google's services and products. You were just unlucky, but hopefully the situation can still be fixed.

    Also I'm curious on how the phone would be "wet"...doesn't make any sense..
    karmamule and Topgonzo like this.
  4. #4  
    jman1323's Avatar

    Posts
    67 Posts
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts

    Default Re: stay away from google products



    Cool story, bro.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

    Default Re: stay away from google products

    i wouldnt mind, but they wont even give me the head office phone number to complain, they say there waiting for a specialist, lol specialist my arse, i wish i lived in usa, i wud go there direct and throw it at one of there heads, for bieng unhelpfull, and not bothered
    Vanilla Ice likes this.
  6. #6  

    Default Re: stay away from google products

    Quote Originally Posted by jjp2701 View Post
    they said they send a shipping label out, but they still hAavent after 4 weeks of asking them
    Something about the google hatred (from a first time poster who only joined the forum today after supposedly first direct experience of one kind or another a month ago) strikes me as a little suspect.

    It's been many, many years since I've had to return a product to a vendor where they've provided for the return shipping by actually physically mail me a return label; I've always been sent an email with a file attached or a link to a site from which the return label could be printed locally. Not saying it can't have happened as stated, but it would seem very unusual.
    Thanked by 2:
    rjfarrow and Darth Spock like this.
  7. #7  

    Default Re: stay away from google products

    Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy8000 View Post
    Something about the google hatred (from a first time poster who only joined the forum today after supposedly first direct experience of one kind or another a month ago) strikes me as a little suspect.

    It's been many, many years since I've had to return a product to a vendor where they've provided for the return shipping by actually physically mail me a return label; I've always been sent an email with a file attached or a link to a site from which the return label could be printed locally. Not saying it can't have happened as stated, but it would seem very unusual.
    The only time I've had to return something was when I had to get my Torch 9800 replaced and when that happened Rogers sent me a bag to put it in that already had the labels and everything on it, I just had to send the bag back with the phone in it to be repaired.

    They even sent the bag along with the replacement phone so I didn't have to go 1 second without a phone. As far as I can tell this is how most places do it, or something similar so I'm also a little suspicious about that as well.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

    Default Re: stay away from google products

    Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy8000 View Post
    Something about the google hatred (from a first time poster who only joined the forum today after supposedly first direct experience of one kind or another a month ago) strikes me as a little suspect.

    It's been many, many years since I've had to return a product to a vendor where they've provided for the return shipping by actually physically mail me a return label; I've always been sent an email with a file attached or a link to a site from which the return label could be printed locally. Not saying it can't have happened as stated, but it would seem very unusual.
    well they said i need to print the rma out and put inside box, and then wait for them to post me the shipping label and and box, but as i said it has took 4 weeks, and no i am not lying, i am fed up of there rubbish, with not giving me a refund, thats why i joined a load of forums, that people own lg nexus 4 and told them what has happened, incase some people dont know how bad they treat there customers,

    which if it was you, you would probably do the same,
  9. #9  

    Default Re: stay away from google products

    Google is new to customer service. If you don't want to cut them a little slack its your prerogative But I find that a tad shallow. The sole reason you're not locked into Apples exclusive operating system and one world device is due to Google. The reason Verizon was forced to accept net neutrality rules was due to googles intervention in bidding up the price of spectrum. Google stands in a class of its own providing devices and services without profit objective, but simply because it is cool. Two years ago, when china attempted to use Google for malicious purpose Google shut the lights off to protect people. In a world where corporations simply chase profits, googles stands alone in intent to make the world a better place. It's been a winning strategy and I will tolerate anything from Google provided that they keep the same philosophy.
  10. #10  

    Default Re: stay away from google products

    jman1323

    Stop being lazy and post a real reply instead of some lame meme. Its not helpful and its definitely not funny at all.
    Vanilla Ice likes this.
  11. #11  

    Default Re: stay away from google products

    Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy8000 View Post
    Something about the google hatred (from a first time poster who only joined the forum today after supposedly first direct experience of one kind or another a month ago) strikes me as a little suspect.

    It's been many, many years since I've had to return a product to a vendor where they've provided for the return shipping by actually physically mail me a return label; I've always been sent an email with a file attached or a link to a site from which the return label could be printed locally. Not saying it can't have happened as stated, but it would seem very unusual.
    Well that settles it then. He is obviously a liar. I mean if its been so long since you had any issue then he must be making this up. Or probably just a troll?
  12. #12  

    Default Re: stay away from google products

    Here's a hint, don't be rude to the customer service. You want your refund, be nice to them and they'll be nice to you. They're just doing their job, they didn't package your order.
    Thanked by 2:
    ConTejas and Pollster like this.
  13. #13  
    Greg C's Avatar

    Posts
    1,578 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,588 Global Posts
    ROM
    Android 4.4.2

    Default Re: stay away from google products

    Why would you post this on a GOOGLE Nexus 4 forum? How about you go and hang out at the Samsung, Sony and "even Iphone" forum?


    Quote Originally Posted by jjp2701 View Post
    i have purchased a google nexus 4 about 4 weeks ago, and when it arrived from america to the uk, it was wet the phone when i got it out of the box, i then contacted google for a refund, and they said they send a shipping label out, but they still hAavent after 4 weeks of asking them, there very poor customer services, and not interested if there is a fault, i am still trying now,

    so my advice stay clear of gooogle products, get samsung or sony, or even iphone, anything but google product
    If my post helped you out...PLEASE be kind and hit the THANKS button.
  14. #14  

    Default Re: stay away from google products

    Here's another hint. Don't get expensive electronics wet. I dropped a digital camera in the pool at a friend's house and it stopped working.
    ConTejas and sentinelred like this.
  15. #15  

    Default Re: stay away from google products

    Google stands in a class of its own providing devices and services without profit objective, ...
    dream on...
  16. #16  

    Default Re: stay away from google products

    Quote Originally Posted by pcuciti View Post
    dream on...
    Not a dream. Google does a lot for Android even though it sees no money from the sales of phones that use Android, plus they release many great services for free. Way more than any other company.

    Sent from my Nexus 10 using Android Central Forums
    yfan and Darth Spock like this.
  17. #17  

    Default Re: stay away from google products

    OTA TV is free in the US but that doesn't mean NBC has no profit objective.
  18. #18  
    Citizen Coyote's Avatar

    Posts
    936 Posts
    ROM
    KK 4.4.3

    Default Re: stay away from google products

    No good can come of this thread the way it's going now.

    OP, contact Google again. Mistakes happen. Make sure nothing was lost in the shuffle. Most people have had good experiences with getting their busted phones RMA'd, but every company will have problems now and then (and that includes Apple). If all you want to do is complain, no one here can help you.
  19. #19  

    Default Re: stay away from google products

    The parcel service would be more to blame for the wet phone, so being short with Google won't do you any good. More likely Google will eat the cost, and in the end Google will have to dispute it with the parcel service for a refund. (Works in your favor)

    Back in the Nextel days, my friend order two phones and had them shipped to his house. Upon arrival he signs for the package runs inside to open them only to find the Nextel boxes inside the package are both empty. He instantly calls Nextel up to alert them to the issue, they're response is (and I'm paraphrasing) "Oh well! Did you sign for the package? It's not our issue, obviously someone stole it during the shipping process and resealed the box" Long story short after months of arguing with UPS and Nextel, Nextel finally agreed to send him replacement phones while they fought with UPS for reimbursement.

    My honest opinion on your situation is you need to follow up with Google (as mentioned before, honey attracts more bees) and request a shipping label. Let them know it's been four weeks and you haven't received a label yet. Google being Google should be able to email you a return label, I would ask for it via email just to cut down on time. I feel for you and it does suck, just try to remember Google isn't a parcel service and cannot control what happens during delivery.
    Thanked by:
  20. #20  

    Default Re: stay away from google products

    Quote Originally Posted by marrzie View Post
    Well that settles it then. He is obviously a liar. I mean if its been so long since you had any issue then he must be making this up. Or probably just a troll?
    If I'm mistaken in reading your response as having a sarcastic tone, I apologize - but I don't think I'm mistaken. I didn't declare the OP to be lying, but rather stated simply that his experience does not align with the most common modern business standard practice. I'm not basing this on my personal time spent in telecommunications e-commerce, but on general practical business sense.

    If a company is sending out a replacement unit, they will typically enclose the return label in that package. Since this was simply asking for a return/refund, it's a different story.

    If this really is Google's business practice, it's surprising to me because, generally speaking, a company that has really only entered the e-marketplace for their physical products in the past few years would not typically elect to adopt a more antiquated, time-consuming, costly practice that is also more frustrating for the customer - things that aren't generally hallmarks that come to mind with Google.

    To the OP, as another poster stated above, the logical solution at this point is to simply contact Google again, explain your situation, and request they email you a return label that you can affix to appropriate packaging of your own. To be candid, though, your initial decision to return this phone rather than simply request a replacement when the product's failure was due to a shipping issue by a third party carrier outside of Google's direct control is one of misassignment of blame. It's one fine piece of gear.
  21. #21  

    Default Re: stay away from google products

    Quote Originally Posted by pcuciti View Post
    dream on...
    Oh I'm not dreaming on. I spend most of my time observing business and I know corporate culture very well. Do you have any clue how long Google maps was around and how much money Google poured into it before making a dime on advertisements? Have you ever heard of a corporation pulling the plug on a service to an entire country for a crisis of conscience? They are constantly developing ideas without thought for profit. I spend 16 hours a day thinking about the economy and then I spend another 8 dreaming about it. Google is different.
    msndrstood and Darth Spock like this.
  22. #22  

    Default Re: stay away from google products

    Quote Originally Posted by jjp2701 View Post
    i have purchased a google nexus 4 about 4 weeks ago, and when it arrived from america to the uk, it was wet the phone when i got it out of the box
    I hear it rains a lot in england...
  23. #23  

    Default Re: stay away from google products

    HAH HAHHA AHHA... may be the delivery man did a pee pee in the box as he was driving from USA to England and there was no pitstop in between. haha hahahah hahah.

    UK ones ship from Ireland if i recall correctly... something about paying less co-operation tax :-)

    Quote Originally Posted by mr_nobody View Post
    I hear it rains a lot in england...
  24. #24  
    Saiga's Avatar

    Posts
    154 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,194 Global Posts

    Default Re: stay away from google products

    Quote Originally Posted by xlDeMoNiClx View Post
    Not a dream. Google does a lot for Android even though it sees no money from the sales of phones that use Android, plus they release many great services for free. Way more than any other company.

    Sent from my Nexus 10 using Android Central Forums
    Are you serious right now? Google don't do anything for free. You make it seem like they are a non for profit charity that just wants to make the world a better place. I use Android and other Google services, but I am willing to accept the reality that Google doesn't give us anything.

    Google only has one product and one type of customer. IF Google gives basically everything to us for free, than what does that make us? You betcha, we're Google's product. The only thing Google really makes money from is us. They make money from the data they collect from us. Google's customers are the advertisers. The people that pay Google money because Google has all of this information about us so they can better inject ads into our lives.

    All of Google's products and services (including Android) only exist to collect our data and display ads. That is it. Google only updates Android and makes it better simply to get more people using it so they can collect more data and display more ads. Google doesn't give anything away to their real customers. Google's real customers pay up, and that's how Google makes the billions they make.
  25. #25  

    Default Re: stay away from google products

    Quote Originally Posted by Saiga View Post
    Are you serious right now? Google don't do anything for free. You make it seem like they are a non for profit charity that just wants to make the world a better place. I use Android and other Google services, but I am willing to accept the reality that Google doesn't give us anything.

    Google only has one product and one type of customer. IF Google gives basically everything to us for free, than what does that make us? You betcha, we're Google's product. The only thing Google really makes money from is us. They make money from the data they collect from us. Google's customers are the advertisers. The people that pay Google money because Google has all of this information about us so they can better inject ads into our lives.

    All of Google's products and services (including Android) only exist to collect our data and display ads. That is it. Google only updates Android and makes it better simply to get more people using it so they can collect more data and display more ads. Google doesn't give anything away to their real customers. Google's real customers pay up, and that's how Google makes the billions they make.
    If you say so, but if you say Google doesn't do anything for us then arguing with you is not worth my time. lol
    Thanked by 2:
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. How-to stay away from getting your phone bricked
    By Empathy in forum General Help and How To
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 10-16-2011, 03:17 PM
  2. Stay away from AnDOSBox
    By bsharitt in forum Android Applications
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-12-2011, 06:33 PM
  3. If I stay away from video will 5 gigs plan work
    By CSI Guy in forum Samsung Galaxy Tab
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-02-2011, 01:26 AM
  4. Stay away from seidio
    By crwmlw#IM in forum The Android Central Lounge
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 07-14-2010, 09:09 PM
  5. Stay away from seidio
    By crwmlw in forum Verizon Droid Incredible
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-13-2010, 07:30 AM

Posting Permissions