Chrome for Android updated -v26 04/03/2013

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
go grab it. Its a lot faster https://forums.androidcentral.com/e.../details?id=com.android.chrome&token=m8-ram4j

Latest Version: 26 04/03/2013 - See post below

Version 25 02/27/2013
Updates in this version of Chrome for Android include:
1. Improved scrolling performance
2. Increased responsiveness to pinch-zooming on pages
3. Faster interactive pages thanks to the latest version of the V8 javascript engine
4. Audio now continues to play while Chrome is in the background
5. Expanded support for HTML5 features
* Audio playing in Chrome will now pause when the phone is in use. This requires an additional permission.

Last edited:

Tronstar

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
Re: Chrome for Android updated

I switched to Dolphin awhile back and am loving it. Hoping to see a comp review between the two before I switch back. I know, pretty lazy considering it's already installed but dolphin is my defualt browser for everything.

UnlockedOnly

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site

well not to beat a dead horse again BUT after the Chrome update 24 hours ago, I have no wifi connection on my N4, prior to that I have had NO issues with wifi connectivity while many others had problems. I am not sure if it was just "my time" with this wifi issue but the timing of this is surely strange. Calling Google customer support now.

UPDATE: called google cs, after going through all the trouble shooting with the rep they are sending me a new N4.......the rep said he has heard of the issues with wifi connectivity. Hopefully the new phone will work out, should have it by tuesday, until then i'll have to watch my Tmobile data usage !!!!!

Last edited:

killab6420

Aug 28, 2012
Visit site

Has anyone figured out a shortcut for pausing the background audio in Chrome? I love being able to listen to reverbnation and soundcloud, but I can't pause the audio without first unlocking the phone, going to chrome, then selecting the correct tab, then pressing pause. Bookmarking does not solve the issue. Maybe someone can recommend a widget that pauses streaming audio.

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site

Version 26 released 04/03/2013

Chrome for Android 26.0.1410.58 contains a number of updates including:
Password Sync
Autofill Sync
Fixed issue where blank page would be loaded rather than URL
Performance and stability improvements

ConTejas

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site

I'm not paranoid, but the new camera permission seems pretty shady, no? Can use it at any time. It's certainly much faster (and I didn't think it was slow before...)

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site

I'm not paranoid, but the new camera permission seems pretty shady, no? Can use it at any time. It's certainly much faster (and I didn't think it was slow before...)

taken from whats new
"Note: This version requests two new permissions, Camera and Modify Audio Settings, to support WebRTC, an experimental feature under development."