Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 25 of 25
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    PWC Realtor's Avatar

    Posts
    486 Posts
    Global Posts
    606 Global Posts
    ROM
    CodeName 3.3

    Default Nexus 4 T-mobile LTE

    WIth all the blog post set his morning saying that Tmo has said LTE is ready in Las Vegas and Kansas City, has anyone gotten LTE on their Nexus 4 yet via T-mobile USA?

    Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
  2. #2  

    Default Re: Nexus 4 T-mobile LTE

    The Nexus 4 is not a LTE phone. The highest it will go is HDSPA+.

    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums
  3. #3  
    Mellimel22's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    2,466 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,518 Global Posts
    ROM
    Muzzyz 4.2.1 build

    Default Re: Nexus 4 T-mobile LTE

    Quote Originally Posted by mwilkins View Post
    WIth all the blog post set his morning saying that Tmo has said LTE is ready in Las Vegas and Kansas City, has anyone gotten LTE on their Nexus 4 yet via T-mobile USA?

    Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
    U have to activate it through the dailer menu. But if u upgraded to 4.2.2 u have to change the baseband to the old version to activate lte.

    Sent from my Sprint Galaxy Nexus rockin 4.2.2 using Tapatalk 2
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  
    PWC Realtor's Avatar

    Posts
    486 Posts
    Global Posts
    606 Global Posts
    ROM
    CodeName 3.3

    Default Re: Nexus 4 T-mobile LTE

    Quote Originally Posted by Mellimel22 View Post
    U have to activate it through the dailer menu. But if u upgraded to 4.2.2 u have to change the baseband to the old version to activate lte.

    Sent from my Sprint Galaxy Nexus rockin 4.2.2 using Tapatalk 2
    Yup and you can also edit one line in the build.prop file to enable LTE from the mobile networks menu

    Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
  5. #5  

    Default Re: Nexus 4 T-mobile LTE

    I've connected to T-Mobile's LTE when I was on their $30 prepaid. I'm on Straight Talk T-Mobile sim and I'm currently trying to see if I can get it to connect to LTE.

    Screenshot is from 2/13. I live in Vegas but the closest server it would let me connect to was Kansas.


    Sent from my Nexus 4
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Nexus 4 T-mobile LTE-uploadfromtaptalk1362078179596.jpg  
  6. #6  

    Default Re: Nexus 4 T-mobile LTE

    Quote Originally Posted by thebryceee View Post
    I've connected to T-Mobile's LTE when I was on their $30 prepaid. I'm on Straight Talk T-Mobile sim and I'm currently trying to see if I can get it to connect to LTE.

    Screenshot is from 2/13. I live in Vegas but the closest server it would let me connect to was Kansas.
    http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/03/01/abaquvun.jpg

    Sent from my Nexus 4
    That's no better than my H+ speeds. For anyone that feels like you really need LTE, why don't you just get a phone that has it?
    Semper Fi
    I love my LG Nexus 5!
    Take better pictures with your cell phone camera...http://www.bigshotmoms.com/
  7. #7  

    Default Re: Nexus 4 T-mobile LTE

    I get these pretty consistently in California: Nexus 4 T-mobile LTE-uploadfromtaptalk1362097875448.jpg
    It's no 42mb or LTE, but absolutely not complaining.

    Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
  8. #8  

    Default Re: Nexus 4 T-mobile LTE

    Quote Originally Posted by greydarrah View Post
    That's no better than my H+ speeds. For anyone that feels like you really need LTE, why don't you just get a phone that has it?
    Well......with H+ you can do better with your download speeds but the LTE upload speeds blow H+ away.

    Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  
    PWC Realtor's Avatar

    Posts
    486 Posts
    Global Posts
    606 Global Posts
    ROM
    CodeName 3.3

    Default Re: Nexus 4 T-mobile LTE

    Quote Originally Posted by Darrkman View Post
    Well......with H+ you can do better with your download speeds but the LTE upload speeds blow H+ away.

    Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
    We're also assuming that is maximum LTE speeds which isn't true. I know with H+ speeds in my area it varies sometimes widely tower to tower.

    Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
  10. #10  
    jimmiekain's Avatar

    Posts
    283 Posts
    ROM
    Stock / Stock

    Default Re: Nexus 4 T-mobile LTE

    @thebryceee

    Did you have to turn LTE on in the dialer menu or did it just work? Also how was the coverage? Was it ok indoors or only outside?
  11. #11  
    Mellimel22's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    2,466 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,518 Global Posts
    ROM
    Muzzyz 4.2.1 build

    Default Re: Nexus 4 T-mobile LTE

    Lte penetrates buildings real well

    Sent from my Sprint Galaxy Nexus rockin 4.2.2 using Tapatalk 2
  12. #12  

    Default Re: Nexus 4 T-mobile LTE

    H+ = less battery usage, great download speeds,ok upload speeds, and low building penetration.(i can live with this)
    LTE = hungry for your battery, great download speeds, exceptional upload speeds, and great building penetration.(i had it with verizon but its not a game changer for me)
  13. #13  

    Default Re: Nexus 4 T-mobile LTE

    Here's my results, basically Comcast vs. T-Mobile:

  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #14  
    PWC Realtor's Avatar

    Posts
    486 Posts
    Global Posts
    606 Global Posts
    ROM
    CodeName 3.3

    Default Re: Nexus 4 T-mobile LTE

    Quote Originally Posted by Tall Mike 2145 View Post
    Here's my results, basically Comcast vs. T-Mobile:

    http://img203.imageshack.us/img203/6...fivshspa01.png
    Yeah I've said that H+ is similar to a cable modem connection but I'm also spoiled by having FiOS which has symmetrical download and upload speeds.

    Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
  15. #15  
    illiniah's Avatar

    Posts
    40 Posts
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts

    Default Re: Nexus 4 T-mobile LTE

    Long Term Evolution is a standard - the air interface has nothing to do with electromagnetic wave length and building penetration. The choice of frequency is what impacts urban propagation characteristics. There are a lot of good IEEE sources with the Communications Society and/or Antennas and Propagation Society if you want to learn more about propagation characteristics and specifically absorbtion losses.
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #16  
    PWC Realtor's Avatar

    Posts
    486 Posts
    Global Posts
    606 Global Posts
    ROM
    CodeName 3.3

    Default Re: Nexus 4 T-mobile LTE

    Looks like even Cyanogenmod realizes that LTE on the Nexus 4 in the states is eminent

    Nexus 4 T-mobile LTE-uploadfromtaptalk1362186159213.jpg

    Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
  17. #17  

    Default Re: Nexus 4 T-mobile LTE

    Quote Originally Posted by illiniEE View Post
    Long Term Evolution is a standard - the air interface has nothing to do with electromagnetic wave length and building penetration. The choice of frequency is what impacts urban propagation characteristics.
    You're right that the band is a key factor for in-building penetration. But the air interface requires antenna diversity, which also is important.
  18. #18  

    Default Re: Nexus 4 T-mobile LTE

    Quote Originally Posted by ZachA View Post
    The Nexus 4 is not a LTE phone. The highest it will go is HDSPA+.

    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums
    False.
  19. #19  
    moosc's Avatar
    Grand Master Moosc

    Posts
    3,537 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,611 Global Posts
    ROM
    AKOP M4 old geezer theme

    Default Re: Nexus 4 T-mobile LTE

    I love my speeds on tmo so glad I still have vzw to tether to. How do you bare these speeds

    Sent from my Nexus 4 using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Nexus 4 T-mobile LTE-uploadfromtaptalk1362221714787.jpg  
    Google Nexus Class Devices (Nexus7, Nexus4, Galaxy Nexus lte VZW)...@moosc on twitter ...
  20. #20  

    Default Re: Nexus 4 T-mobile LTE

    Quote Originally Posted by moosc View Post
    I love my speeds on tmo so glad I still have vzw to tether to. How do you bare these speeds

    Sent from my Nexus 4 using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2
    Your on Edge which I think is like 250kbps max download. U don't have any HSDPA+ or 3g where u live?

    Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
  21. #21  
    moosc's Avatar
    Grand Master Moosc

    Posts
    3,537 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,611 Global Posts
    ROM
    AKOP M4 old geezer theme

    Default Re: Nexus 4 T-mobile LTE

    I'm a transportation specialist I'm all over the united States. I rarely H+ or G. E is so slow can't believe they have it.
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanr509 View Post
    Your on Edge which I think is like 250kbps max download. U don't have any HSDPA+ or 3g where u live?

    Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums


    Sent from my Nexus 4 using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2
    Google Nexus Class Devices (Nexus7, Nexus4, Galaxy Nexus lte VZW)...@moosc on twitter ...
  22. #22  

    Default Re: Nexus 4 T-mobile LTE

    Quote Originally Posted by moosc View Post
    I'm a transportation specialist I'm all over the united States. I rarely H+ or G. E is so slow can't believe they have it.



    Sent from my Nexus 4 using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2
    Yep all company's have something like that to fall back on when outside of their 3g/4g networks. If u travel all over the united stated why wouldn't u get verizon/sprint/or att which would have better overall coverage?

    Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
  23. #23  
    moosc's Avatar
    Grand Master Moosc

    Posts
    3,537 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,611 Global Posts
    ROM
    AKOP M4 old geezer theme

    Default Re: Nexus 4 T-mobile LTE

    I have my Verizon galaxy nexus with Verizon unlimited data still. Every one was raging how good T-Mobile was so I bought the nexus 4 but dam tmo just sucks.
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanr509 View Post
    Yep all company's have something like that to fall back on when outside of their 3g/4g networks. If u travel all over the united stated why wouldn't u get verizon/sprint/or att which would have better overall coverage?

    Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums


    Sent from my Nexus 4 using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2
    Google Nexus Class Devices (Nexus7, Nexus4, Galaxy Nexus lte VZW)...@moosc on twitter ...
  24. #24  

    Default Re: Nexus 4 T-mobile LTE

    Quote Originally Posted by moosc View Post
    I have my Verizon galaxy nexus with Verizon unlimited data still. Every one was raging how good T-Mobile was so I bought the nexus 4 but dam tmo just sucks.



    Sent from my Nexus 4 using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2
    Ya if u are in a good hspa+ T-Mobile area it is excellent. I get up to 19mbps and usually around 10mbps. But I prefer att on straighttalk because of the better coverage.

    Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
  25. #25  

    Default Re: Nexus 4 T-mobile LTE

    Looks like TMO is ready roll out LTE nationwide..You think Google will put out an update to automatically switch to LTE service if you happen to be in that area ? Is that even possible from a software point of view considering our Nexus 4's have the E band ?

    TMO LTE link for the HTC One

    HTC One Phone | The New HTC One with 1080P HD Screen | T-Mobile

Similar Threads

  1. Tether Nexus 7 to LTE Data Connection
    By gregisonfire in forum HTC EVO 4G LTE
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 07-27-2012, 09:09 PM
  2. Nexus Prime Sprint LTE
    By jcoolkatzerg in forum Sprint Galaxy Nexus
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 01-07-2012, 09:26 AM
  3. Does the Galaxy Nexus properly display LTE signal strength?
    By sc4fpse in forum Verizon Galaxy Nexus
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 12-19-2011, 04:30 PM
  4. Facebook posts with Galaxy Nexus says "mobile"
    By FishPharm in forum Verizon Galaxy Nexus
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-19-2011, 03:55 PM
  5. OMFG!!! Next nexus is 4G LTE.
    By the one and only M in forum Rumored Devices Lounge
    Replies: 46
    Last Post: 06-18-2011, 12:01 PM

Posting Permissions