Carbon back up drivers

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
I did but I'm having issues understanding where the drivers go. I watched the YouTube video that they have, but it didn't resolve anything.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

b.1) Power off your Nexus device
b.2) Connect Your Nexus with Computer using USB cable.
b.3) Boot into fastboot mode by holding down both Volume Up and Power buttons together.

b.4) Open Device Manager(Control panel-->Device manager) and you might see some thing like this
34886d1345340340-how-unlock-bootloader-factory-restore-root-any-nexus-device-devicemanager.png

Right Click and click "Update device Software"
Click "Browse your Computer for driver Software"
Click "Let me Pick from a list of device drivers on my Computer"
Click Next, for the device list shown.
Click "Have a Disk" button
Go to "[path where you extracted the files]\usb_driver"
select "android_winusb" and click OK
Select "Android ADB Interface" and click Next. It will give you a warning. click OK and Install.

Done Deal.

Last edited:

valpd

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
I found out that Carbon charges for their Premium if you want to use Drive or DropBox for storage. You have to use your N4's USB storage which is the only free option! What a scam..

wunderbar

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
Why is that a scam? It is a good app, and the developer clearly states that restriction in the app description. And in all honesty, I'm happy to support one of the better developers in the entire google ecosystem.

valpd

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
Why is that a scam? It is a good app, and the developer clearly states that restriction in the app description. And in all honesty, I'm happy to support one of the better developers in the entire google ecosystem.
Come on.....using the USB storage?

wunderbar

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
Come on.....using the USB storage?

Fine for the vast majority of users I would guess.

For those who don't want to pay and want the backup off device, nothing stopping you from uploading it to cloud storage manually or transferring to a computer via USB. You pay for the convenience of having an upload to cloud storage done automatically.

Hardly a scam.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
szcad