Erasing files

valpd

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
I use the air droid app on my PC yo look at files on my N4. I noticed that there are a lot of old backups and files from apps that I used to have. Whats the easiest way to delete these? Is there any app for this that makes it easier?

I also don't want to delete a file that is needed.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

Feb 13, 2013
Visit site
there is this app called Storage Analyzer which can sort folders based on size so u know which folders are taking more space than the others. old backups of deleted files are stored in the folder android/data. when u use storage analyzer to view the content of this folder, all app datas are grouped in respective folders with unique icons that represent each app. now when u find a folder with default icon (like the one in windows pc), that means the app is already gone but leaves old data files inside this folder. now u know this one is safe to delete n just use same method to find other orphaned folders.

valpd

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
there is this app called Storage Analyzer which can sort folders based on size so u know which folders are taking more space than the others. old backups of deleted files are stored in the folder android/data. when u use storage analyzer to view the content of this folder, all app datas are grouped in respective folders with unique icons that represent each app. now when u find a folder with default icon (like the one in windows pc), that means the app is already gone but leaves old data files inside this folder. now u know this one is safe to delete n just use same method to find other orphaned folders.

Thx

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

Imnutsnj

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
As problemshredder said, Storage Analyzer, there's nothing nearly as good, it will show you files and their locations that most of the other apps do not.

Sent from my Jelly Bean flavored HTC DROID DNA

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xd3dp1gX