Aggrivating MMS...whats the definitive APN?

waxwabbit

Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
Hi guys

I've tried a couple of apn's

No luck

I can send and receive texts
As for pictures etc......all I get is. "Sending'

Then i have to delete the thread to stop the 'sending'

Thanks everybody

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

waxwabbit

Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
I should of said.......

I'm with straight talk. At t

Service otherwise is fine

Thanks

clavodulce16

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I'm having the same issue using handcent, when I use stock messaging app it works well

Hi guys

I've tried a couple of apn's

No luck

I can send and receive texts
As for pictures etc......all I get is. "Sending'

Then i have to delete the thread to stop the 'sending'

Thanks everybody

kmcochran

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
Do you happen to have the Google Voice app on your phone? I use Google Voice for voicemail only, and when I installed the app, my MMS messages wouldn't go through. When I would uninstall the app, then the MMS messages would work. I don't know what the problem was, because all of my GV settings were correct, but it was somehow interfering with sending MMS messages. I'm also on ST-AT&T.

Edited to add: even though I no longer have the GV app on my phone, I still get the text notifications whenever I receive a voicemail. I just don' t have the app, but I still have the functionality of the voicemail features.

rjfarrow

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Do you happen to have the Google Voice app on your phone? I use Google Voice for voicemail only, and when I installed the app, my MMS messages wouldn't go through. When I would uninstall the app, then the MMS messages would work. I don't know what the problem was, because all of my GV settings were correct, but it was somehow interfering with sending MMS messages. I'm also on ST-AT&T.

Edited to add: even though I no longer have the GV app on my phone, I still get the text notifications whenever I receive a voicemail. I just don' t have the app, but I still have the functionality of the voicemail features.

This...... Fixed my MMS issues a couple months ago by getting rid of Voice.

waxwabbit

Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
Sigh

This is really pizzing me off. Ive tried like 4 versions already.

Can someone with a n4 and straight talk at&t please post pics of their settings

Arggggghhhhhhhhhhhh

I assured my wife she would have pic messages

Dan Brunner

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
I am on tmobile $30 4G and am having the same issue. handcent and stock app can send and recive texts fine. But sending and recieving picture texts is a no-go. I dont have google voice or any wi-fi calling app. I have tried all sorts of apn setting given out by various boards and nothing helps. I am not sure if calling tmo support woud be of any help or not.

Dan

clavodulce16

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Straight Talk w/ Tmo
MY apn settings are as follow - Sending text and MMS are good using stock messaging app. Using handcent the MMS never sends
name : Straight Talk
apn: wap.tracfone
port : 8080
MMSC: http://mms.tracfone.com
MCC:310
MNC:260

as of now i'm only having issue using handcent sending MMS

I am on tmobile $30 4G and am having the same issue. handcent and stock app can send and recive texts fine. But sending and recieving picture texts is a no-go. I dont have google voice or any wi-fi calling app. I have tried all sorts of apn setting given out by various boards and nothing helps. I am not sure if calling tmo support woud be of any help or not.

Dan

runtmms

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
I know a previous person having MMS problems had to remove Handcent to get the stock app to work. For me, the most recent Handcent update broke MMS, but when I uninstalled and reinstalled it started working.

Sent from my Nexus 4 on Solavei

Rookie4sho

Feb 5, 2013
Visit site
My MMS was sporadic, once I changed this particular part it works flawless. HOWEVER I will say this, (this happened to me on my Pre 3 also) there are times that I send a pic and see the "sending" for a longer than usual time. I delete the msg, hit Airplane mode for a couple secs and then turn it back off and voila, my pics go threw almost within a second. And being this problem was on my Pre also, I believe there's something wrong with Straight Talk regarding this but one Airplane mode trick fixes it.

I added this to "APN type" and it seemed to fix my problem: default,supl,mms

after adding it and a reboot, besides having to do the airplane mode trick once in a while, my MMS works like a charm. I hope this helps, it helped me!

I added my screen shots if you wish to copy my settings. If you do I'd suggest deleting your one completely, reboot, create the new one and then another reboot. I did this for a friend and his works better after I deleted the older APN profile and doing it from scratch, as opposed to editing your existing one.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-03-05-01-34-16.png
    Screenshot_2013-03-05-01-34-16.png
    71.7 KB · Views: 24
  • Screenshot_2013-03-05-01-34-26.png
    Screenshot_2013-03-05-01-34-26.png
    80.8 KB · Views: 24
  • Screenshot_2013-03-05-01-34-35.png
    Screenshot_2013-03-05-01-34-35.png
    88.3 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:

Bethanylaugh

Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
I've tried all this and about 10 other things... I still can't receive OR send mms on my Nexus 4!
On AT&T (not straight talk) in Western NY area... anyone have any suggestions?

I was using handcent but uninstalled hoping it would fix it - however, for a time it was the only way I could receive mms (I would need to open the app and click the download button). Did not fix it, and I don't use any other 3rd party messaging apps.

ColoradoSteve

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
This is exactly the same as I have and things work fine,

Steve

My MMS was sporadic, once I changed this particular part it works flawless. HOWEVER I will say this, (this happened to me on my Pre 3 also) there are times that I send a pic and see the "sending" for a longer than usual time. I delete the msg, hit Airplane mode for a couple secs and then turn it back off and voila, my pics go threw almost within a second. And being this problem was on my Pre also, I believe there's something wrong with Straight Talk regarding this but one Airplane mode trick fixes it.

I added this to "APN type" and it seemed to fix my problem: default,supl,mms

after adding it and a reboot, besides having to do the airplane mode trick once in a while, my MMS works like a charm. I hope this helps, it helped me!

I added my screen shots if you wish to copy my settings. If you do I'd suggest deleting your one completely, reboot, create the new one and then another reboot. I did this for a friend and his works better after I deleted the older APN profile and doing it from scratch, as opposed to editing your existing one.

thepktrckt

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Have you guys tried putting the APN information into Handcent or GoSMS itself?

I had the same exact problem until I put the AT&T info into the GoSMS advanced settings. Since then I can send pictures and emojis without issue.

ScottsoNJ

Jan 29, 2012
Visit site
I also couldn't send or receive mms. I was using Handcent,changed my apn's countless times. Finally I tried GO sms pro. Now everything works like a charm

Domonique Spencer

Feb 27, 2015
Visit site
I am wit tmobile and am having the same issue. handcent and stock app can send and recive texts fine. But sending and recieving picture texts is a no-go. I dont have google voice or any wi-fi calling app. I have tried all sorts of apn setting given out by various boards and nothing helps. I am not sure if calling tmo support woud be of any help or not.

Tall Mike 2145

Feb 8, 2013
Visit site
These are the settings for StraightTalk on the AT&T network:

Name: TracFone (this probably doesn't really matter)
APN: tfdata
MMSC: http://mms-tf.net
MMS Proxy: mms3.tracfone.com
MCC: 310
MNC: 410
APN type: default,supl,mms
APN protocol: IPv4
APN roaming protocol: IPv4

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members