Nexus 4 display/freezing?

TheConGuy

Mar 6, 2013
Visit site
So I got my nexus 4 yesterday which is pretty cool, it is non rooted and running on all the stock software etc. I left it on my side overnight and when I tried to use it the next day I was pressing the power button it would not show the display or anything. I managed to get it working after a force restart but has anyone had this problem? If so what is the cause?

Last edited:

Szabinger

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
So I got my nexus 4 yesterday which is pretty cool, it is non rooted and running on all the stock software etc. I left it on my side overnight and when I tried to use it the next day I was pressing the power button it would not show the display or anything. I managed to get it working after a hard reset but has anyone had this problem? If so what is the cause?

Lol the same happened to me about 10 min ago...

ohyeahar

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
Probably just froze. It happens, but definitely not often. Don't worry about it unless it becomes a regular occurrence.

(Btw, a "hard reset" means a factory reset. That's full data wipe. What you probably mean is you did a soft reset or more specifically, a cold boot.)

Szabinger

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
Mine just froze again, only soft reset could bring it back. Same happened yesterday. I think its not a coincidence. What could cause this?

jap1979

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
mine is freezing up a couple of times a day too. has happened a couple of times when i toggle wifi on or off. probably a software thing. but shouldnt be happening on a brand new phone...

anyone that has had these issues gotten a replacement?

greydarrah

May 5, 2010
Visit site
mine is freezing up a couple of times a day too. has happened a couple of times when i toggle wifi on or off. probably a software thing. but shouldnt be happening on a brand new phone...

anyone that has had these issues gotten a replacement?

I would be surprised if a replacement fixed your issue. It sounds like you have an app that's either poorly written or doesn't run well on JB, that sometimes gets itself stuck in an endless loop, locking up the phone. If it was my phone, I'd do a factory reset and elect to NOT have it reinstall your downloaded apps. Then use the phone for a few days and see if it's fixed. If so, you could slowly add back your apps and see where the trouble starts up.

DDDenis

Apr 4, 2013
Visit site
I have a Nexus 4 and my display freezes after I pull the phone away from my ear. It doesn't happen every time but regularly enough that it is very annoying. I have then tried to press the power on button but it just flashes on for a split second and then back to black. After a ten or fifteen seconds the screen came back this time. No, I do not have a screen protector. Any ideas?

GUsriniva

May 6, 2013
Visit site
I have the same problem or similar problem. My display freezez when I make a call out. I can't see the display and so, I can't turn on the speaker phone, I can't even hang up the phone. This is not minor problem. This is very frustrating. Does anyone from Google read these posts or simply hope some other poor soul found a work around. In any case, please help!!

parfay

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
Yeah this happens to me about 3 outa 10 calls I make.. Very annoying. I hope it'll be fixed after next update.. Seems a lot of people are having this issue

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

jc0187

Feb 23, 2013
Visit site
With my first n4, when I used Google earth and attempted to zoom in and rotate the camera at the same time would cause it to freeze. Happened several times.

TheLegoman

Mar 7, 2013
Visit site
Must be a bad app. I used to have an app that would reboot my phone a few times a day. I uninstalled a few suspected apps, and everything went back to normal.

Posted via Android Central App

GUsriniva

May 6, 2013
Visit site
I bought my n4 in Feb 13. This display freeze upone phone call started occurring or I started noticing recently. It is now consistent.
I am not sure if the following is related, but if I plug in an earphone/mic hands free set the display shows. If I pull it out display disappears but the call continues. I bought this Cygnett earphone/mic a week back.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12