I think I've got a faulty nexus 4 but don't know what to do!?

Rival Clown

Mar 7, 2013
Visit site
Ok I've had my nexus 4 since Christmas. The first problem was 3 small hairline scratches near the camera, then the plastic bit at the bottom can be pressed in and it's not meant to do that. That area and pressing on the back makes a crack/creak sound. When I make a phone call, the screen doesn't come back on and I have to wait for the other person to put the phone down before I can unlock it as normal. Sometimes I can't unlock it, as in the sleep/wake button won't do anything. The whole screen goes a slight yellow colour in certain shades of grey and because the ui is grey, this is always noticeable. It lags when scrolling through home screen and app drawer sometimes. And there is some strange lines that look as though they're almost burnt into the screen along the left and in the middle from top to bottom which is noticeable on those certain shades of grey.

Sounds like a lot of problems for one phone right? Fair enough it's a cheap phone but I don't expect any of these problems even in a mid range device. However, I didn't buy it from the google play store, instead I got it on contract through O2. But surely, I should be able to get a replacement even without insurance because the phone is faulty and some of the problems only happened recently and I always keep it in a case to protect it and its never been dropped so its not as if I've caused any of the issues. I really need your help guys, I don't know what to do, take it into an O2 store, contact google or what??

zxcv106106

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Ok I've had my nexus 4 since Christmas. The first problem was 3 small hairline scratches near the camera, then the plastic bit at the bottom can be pressed in and it's not meant to do that. That area and pressing on the back makes a crack/creak sound. When I make a phone call, the screen doesn't come back on and I have to wait for the other person to put the phone down before I can unlock it as normal. Sometimes I can't unlock it, as in the sleep/wake button won't do anything. The whole screen goes a slight yellow colour in certain shades of grey and because the ui is grey, this is always noticeable. It lags when scrolling through home screen and app drawer sometimes. And there is some strange lines that look as though they're almost burnt into the screen along the left and in the middle from top to bottom which is noticeable on those certain shades of grey.

Sounds like a lot of problems for one phone right? Fair enough it's a cheap phone but I don't expect any of these problems even in a mid range device. However, I didn't buy it from the google play store, instead I got it on contract through O2. But surely, I should be able to get a replacement even without insurance because the phone is faulty and some of the problems only happened recently and I always keep it in a case to protect it and its never been dropped so its not as if I've caused any of the issues. I really need your help guys, I don't know what to do, take it into an O2 store, contact google or what??

I will ask for a replacement at wherever you bought it. If you contact google, I believe they will tell you to contact LG directly, since you didn't buy phone directly from them. That's how I handle my Nexus 7

problem. You go wherever you bought your device. In this case, O2?

return_0

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site

Yeah, Google can't do much if you bought it from O2. Go there.

And in what way is the Nexus 4 a mid-range device? It is still among the best-spec'd phones on the market. People really need to stop associating "inexpensive" with "cheap".

anon5664829

Banned
Feb 6, 2013
Visit site

How the hell can you say the Nexus 4 is mid range device? it has a better GPU, CPU,More RAM and better screen then the S3 and that is "high-end"

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad