Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By vlee
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Tracking SIM card delivery from T-Mobile

Just in case anyone runs into this issue and is searching, maybe this will help. Or maybe it's common knowledge to everyone except me!

I ordered a SIM card on 3/4 and have been awaiting delivery. The email confirmation gave me a tracking number, but according to UPS, that is not a valid tracking number; it was all digits instead of the usual 1Z... type number. Finally out of desperation I contacted customer service. She told me to add a "92" at the beginning of the number and it would magically track. And it did. Now it's set to arrive on Monday, and my new phone arrived yesterday. Arrrgh. And word of warning, it's one of those deals where UPS hands it off the the USPS to deliver. I buy from another site that does that, and it always seems to add another day and usually the tracking info isn't available from USPS.

Oh well, maybe I'll get lucky and it'll arrive tomorrow since USPS still (for now) delivers on Saturday.
    db369 likes this.

Default Re: Tracking SIM card delivery from T-Mobile

Quote Originally Posted by vlee View Post
    Just in case anyone runs into this issue and is searching, maybe this will help. Or maybe it's common knowledge to everyone except me!

I ordered a SIM card on 3/4 and have been awaiting delivery. The email confirmation gave me a tracking number, but according to UPS, that is not a valid tracking number; it was all digits instead of the usual 1Z... type number. Finally out of desperation I contacted customer service. She told me to add a "92" at the beginning of the number and it would magically track. And it did. Now it's set to arrive on Monday, and my new phone arrived yesterday. Arrrgh. And word of warning, it's one of those deals where UPS hands it off the the USPS to deliver. I buy from another site that does that, and it always seems to add another day and usually the tracking info isn't available from USPS.

Oh well, maybe I'll get lucky and it'll arrive tomorrow since USPS still (for now) delivers on Saturday.
    I hate waiting and seeing that something I ordered is sitting somewhere for two days before finally moving.

I ordered two sim cards last week on the T-Mobile site and had them overnighted. Cost $12 including the cost of the sims but I knew when they would be here when ordering. There is no excuse for UPS ground shipping to take a week. I ordered from the website because they refused to give me one to use in my Nexus 7 at the store.

ROM
    Super Beans n Kernels

I got mine a few weeks ago now, but it was 99 cents with free overnight shipping. I just looked and it's still the same offer. Had them the next day.

Quote Originally Posted by ConTejas View Post
    I got mine a few weeks ago now, but it was 99 cents with free overnight shipping. I just looked and it's still the same offer. Had them the next day.
    Must be by location. Still shows $11.99 for overnight for me.

I see 99 cents with free standard shipping, but overnight shipping adds $11.99.

ROM
    Super Beans n Kernels

Quote Originally Posted by NexusGirlX View Post
    Must be by location. Still shows $11.99 for overnight for me.
    Nope, you're right. Once I actually proceeded to checkout, I see it's still free shipping, but just standard. $11.99 for overnight. I just lucked out and needed to rub it in I guess. Sorry

Quote Originally Posted by ConTejas View Post
    Nope, you're right. Once I actually proceeded to checkout, I see it's still free shipping, but just standard. $11.99 for overnight. I just lucked out and needed to rub it in I guess. Sorry
    Still it's not bad when you can have it tomorrow instead of waiting a week for standard shipping.

Global Posts
    612 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by vlee View Post
    I hope you get it earlier than expected. You are lucky that you are able to track it. When Tmo delivered thier sim to me it took forever. If the estimated shipping was 5-8 busienss days, it actually took the full 8 business days, so it took almost two weeks to get to me. To put it mildy I was pretty peeved and I wish I had paid the $15 (or whatever) for overnight. It sort of spoiled the whole experience for me.

Not really a big deal here for me. I just had it mailed to my post office box.

I had a similar experience as well. It was taking forever...n..since I did not know the tracking number trick..I ended up calling the customer service..as a courtesy..they helped me activate one of the SIM cards that I obtained from a local T-Mobile store for free..So I'd say if you are fed up waiting..you might want to try calling the service rep!

That was exactly what i needed to know, thanks a ton!

Thanks! Yes, it did magically track! But, the delivery really sucks, estimated to deliver 8 days from the date of order.

UPS sucks. UPS3D is even sucker. They will deliver the package to US postal which just add more wait time.
    I wish T-mobile just put my SIMs into an envelope and send it via US mail.