gps phone locator service

BaltoStar

Mar 10, 2013
Visit site
Does anyone offer a GPS phone locator service for Google Nexus 4 ?

This would be similar to Apple's "Find My iPhone/iPad/etc." , so it would be independent of any carrier.

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Agreed. Phone locator is available with the free version of Lookout and works very well in my experience. Just a few weeks ago my wife came home and realized she didn't have her phone with her. Wasn't sure if she left it at work or put it down when she was in the grocery store earlier.

Went to Lookout's website and within seconds her phone was located in her office. In addition to this real-world example, I have tested the service several times and it never failed to correctly locate my phone or my wife's.

Frankly, this is the only reason I have Lookout installed. I have disabled all the other functions because I don't find them necessary.

Jerfer

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site
I have to say, Cerberus is wonderful. I've been playing with it for the past two hours. If your phone is rooted, this app can survive a factory data reset. A less invasive option for unrooted phones allows you to hide the app from the app drawer (dialing a set number makes the app open) and prevents someone from uninstalling the app by giving it admin. I just sounded an alarm and it was louder than I thought it would be (woke my neighbors upstairs). After I turned the alarm off by tapping the screen, a picture of my face was taken and sent to my email. It's the best.

Here's a person's story about catching a thief with the app: Smartphone app tracks thieves | Townsville Bulletin News