Here's my battery snapshot.

gmhotch

Mar 5, 2013
Visit site
The battery on mine on its second charge.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1362923656721.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1362923656721.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 80

GadgetgirL76

Jan 25, 2013
Visit site
I am currently using juice defender. Thus us a first for my battery.

sent from my AT&T GN2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1362939055968.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1362939055968.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 212

gmhotch

Mar 5, 2013
Visit site
Battery life seems to be very good so far! Goodbye iPhone! Really starting to enjoy this phone. Happy I made the decision to get it.

pimpdaddywelfare

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
I didnt want to start a another new thread but I did a factory reset to see if it helped my battery out at all... ran a cycle let it charge over night and checked it on my way to work...
Keep in mind;
- GPS/Location, WiFi, Fetch Email, NFC, are all off
- Brightness is VERY low, slider is at less than 20%
- Background is not live

Im new to Android so I MUST be doing something wrong here... Any tips ?
I LOVE the phone but am scared to use it if there isn't a charger around....

Last edited:

Rizy7

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
I didnt want to start a another new thread but I did a factory reset to see if it helped my battery out at all... ran a cycle let it charge over night and checked it on my way to work...
Keep in mind;
- Background is not live

This is what I saw.... :(

I dont really get what you are trying to show in the images? First I would advise charging your phone up to at least 95% so the battery stats will reset and then using the phone normally until you need a charge again. Its very difficult to tell whats causing battery drain when you only let the battery drain a little bit.. Battery drain can be uneven so letting it drain more will let you get a better idea. Also, using WiFi is way better than using mobile data.

gmhotch

Mar 5, 2013
Visit site
Hey Gang, First day at work with the Nexus 4. Screwed up and left my power cord at the house and lo and behold, I ran right down to 12% around 2 pm. I turned the phone on this morning at 6:00 am. I used it to text, surf a little, forum reading and listened to music for about 3 hours. So all in all I'm still seeing around the same amount of battery time as my iPhone4S. I did chat with AT&T this morning and had them switch me to the Smartphone plan vice the iPhone plan. I kept my unlimited data and the Nexus is holding good 4G signal in most cases.

Lesson learned: Don't leave home without your charger and cable.

chubb

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
This about average for me. Keep in mind my signal is bad when I'm in the office at work. Today time without signal is 22%. On the weekend at home in WiFi 95% of the time I get 3 1/2 hrs screen time easy.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1363052343014.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1363052343014.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 29
  • uploadfromtaptalk1363052351834.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1363052351834.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 28

return_0

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Keep in mind;
- Background is not live

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y81/pimpdaddywelfare/Android/wahttheeff_zps89c5c4dd.jpg

I think the screen time shows time on since last charge. So you actually lost only about 1% in that 3 minutes (if not less).

chubb

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
Keep in mind;
- Background is not live

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y81/pimpdaddywelfare/Android/wahttheeff_zps89c5c4dd.jpg

Looking at your picture, either you only charged the phone for about an hour or so, or your phone is not charging right if you left on the charger all night. But you have to charge to at least 91% I believe for the percentages to start over. So only charging to 80%, it will still show the percentage used since last full charge.

Also another thing, your screen will always have a high battery consumption percentage. Even if you charge your phone to 100%, then send a text, battery drops to 99%, it will probably say something crazy like the screen used 50% of battery. Although your screen used 50% of the 1% of battery used to read, write, and send the text. Not 50% of the total battery. That's why the total on time for the screen is important. Also the keep awake time of others are important.

Last edited:

pimpdaddywelfare

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the help everyone.
And yes, I now see I didn't get the full charge for whatever reason. I used a different plugin last night and it was 100% this morning and I can see the difference in the chart.
I was under the impression that the stats only reset after a full charge, so seeing 49 minutes, with 4 minutes screen time take 20% was scary.

I will go the day and try to use it as normally as possible and see what happens.

Great forum though, glad I found it. It makes the switch that much better having a netowrk of people to help you out.

pimpdaddywelfare

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
Just wanted to update... I took the phone off from a full charge last night, read some news before bed for about 40 mns. Then streamed Songza on the way to work. Been sending alot of texts in the last hour. And this is where I currently stand. Cant really complain now for the %/time on ratio. 2hr 45m screen time for only 50% of battery isn't too shabby
MArch-13-13_zpsf5b5fb52.jpg

chubb

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
That's pretty good. You could hit 5 hrs of screen time if that keeps up.