Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Need a password manager app

Hey guys, I'm looking for a great, secure password manager app for my android phone. I used password one on my iPhone and ipad mini, but as far as I can tell this service isn't on the play store. So I need recommendations for another service on android that's going to provide me with a secure place to manage my passwords.

(also, as a side question:is there a reason why my apple headphones work to pause and use its mic, but I can't adjust volume using the controller.)

Thanks

ROM
    LiquidSmooth

Default Re: Need a password manager app

KeeperŪ Password & Data Vault

Try unplugging your earphones and plugging them back in.. Also try other earphones?
    Last edited by Rizy7; 03-10-2013 at 02:11 PM.

Global Posts
    142 Global Posts

using aWallet here. So far so good.

I use eWallet. Open and sync the same database on multiple platforms - your phone(s), Windows desktop, etc.
    Inspector Gadget

Global Posts
    2,062 Global Posts
    ROM
    "Kit-Kat" 4.4.4 Stock

I use mSecure. Not the cheapest, but works very well and syncs flawlessly between all my devices and desktop via encrypted file on Dropbox.

mSecure: http://market.android.com/details?id=com.mseven.msecure
    --Inspector Gadget

Palm OS:Palm V / Palm IIIc / Visor Prism / Visor Phone / Treo 270 / Treo 600 / Treo 650
    Windows Mobile: Treo 700wx / HTC Touch Diamond
    WebOS: Palm Pre
    Android: HTC EVO 4G / HTC EVO 3D / Motorola Xoom / My Daily Drivers: Nexus 7 / Nexus 10 / Nexus 5

Quote Originally Posted by RavenSword View Post
    (also, as a side question:is there a reason why my apple headphones work to pause and use its mic, but I can't adjust volume using the controller.)

Thanks
    As far as i know apple headphones volume dont work with nexus 4, i have the earpod and only mic and pause works also

Global Posts
    670 Global Posts

Lastpass works great for me, both as a standalone app as well as dolphin plugin. You might need to be a yearly subscriber ($15) to be able to use it on android devices.

Global Posts
    1,157 Global Posts

I use SafeWallet. Had it for a few years on iOS and Android. They recently went free with the app.

msecure does the job for me. They also have a desktop version for the Mac. I think for PC as well. Not too sure though.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

I agree with mSecure. Works great and keeps passwords, website, credit card info, anything you want encrypted and can sync to Dropbox and between phone and computer. The phone app and separate desktop app need to be purchased separately, but it's been a lifesaver remembering those things.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Password, Roboform I have used it for years. Will auto fill. Keeps all devices synchronized. Not free!

I use KeePass Droid it allowd me take my KeePass database I had on my iphone and use it on my GS3 and Tab 2 10.1 with only having to log back intp it.

Sent from my GT-P5113 using Android Central Forums

Another vote for mSecure.

Sent from my Motorola RAZR i

Global Posts
    370 Global Posts

Haven't heard SplashID mentioned yet. Used it on many platforms over many years.

Syncs wireless with the PC desktop.
    CoolBeit likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by kenorian View Post
    Haven't heard SplashID mentioned yet. Used it on many platforms over many years.

Syncs wireless with the PC desktop.
    I second this. The fact that it is cross platform is huge. It's little pricey if you get the app and the desktop version, but it's well worth the money

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

I am very satisfied using KeePass http://keepass.info.

KeePass gives you for free what many subscription services offer. The user interface (UI) is not as pretty as these paid services, but along with Dropbox, KeePass allows me to generate random passwords, and keep them synced across multiple devices.

You open the KeePass app, enter your master password, and select the stored password (e.g. for your banking website). The username and password are then automatically placed into the clipboard. Once in your bank's website, you simply paste your credentials.

Great app!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Quote Originally Posted by WOP_Drive View Post
    I am very satisfied using KeePass KeePass Password Safe.

KeePass gives you for free what many subscription services offer. The user interface (UI) is not as pretty as these paid services, but along with Dropbox, KeePass allows me to generate random passwords, and keep them synced across multiple devices.

You open the KeePass app, enter your master password, and select the stored password (e.g. for your banking website). The username and password are then automatically placed into the clipboard. Once in your bank's website, you simply paste your credentials.

Great app!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums
    +1

Been using KeePass for a long time. Free app, free OSX version, great functionality, and best of all completely free.
    Inspector Gadget

Global Posts
    2,062 Global Posts
    ROM
    "Kit-Kat" 4.4.4 Stock

There are lots of great choices. I've used:

- SplashID
    - SPB Wallet
    - mSecure

mSecure is my new favorite.
    --Inspector Gadget

Palm OS:Palm V / Palm IIIc / Visor Prism / Visor Phone / Treo 270 / Treo 600 / Treo 650
    Windows Mobile: Treo 700wx / HTC Touch Diamond
    WebOS: Palm Pre
    Android: HTC EVO 4G / HTC EVO 3D / Motorola Xoom / My Daily Drivers: Nexus 7 / Nexus 10 / Nexus 5

+1 for Keepass. Been using it for quite awhile and it works great. As they've said above, it syncs across multiple devices with Dropbox. And I love how it copies your username & password to the clipboard and all you need to do is paste it in the appropriate box and you're good to go.

There's been a few upgrades recently to the android app and it keeps getting better. Definitely worth a try!

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Global Posts
    48 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by RavenSword View Post
    Hey guys, I'm looking for a great, secure password manager app for my android phone. I used password one on my iPhone and ipad mini, but as far as I can tell this service isn't on the play store. So I need recommendations for another service on android that's going to provide me with a secure place to manage my passwords.

Thanks
    I have 1 Password on my Nexus 4 and iMac. Works great so there shouldn't be a need for you to switch.

In reference to earpods/earbuds issue. You cannot use the up/down function, it just won't work on Android devices. You can install one of the headphone/earphone apps to manage how hitting the main button triggers actions. Phillips has a free app that you can play with, give that a shot, I liked that one the best.

Global Posts
    1,175 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Roboform Everywhere.
    Current: Moto X, ASUS Nexus 7 (2013), Moto 360

Standby:
    Samsung Galaxy S3, LG Nexus 4, Samsung Galaxy Nexus, HTC Thunderbolt, HTC Nexus One, ASUS Nexus 7 (2012), Motorola Xoom

I use mSecure. Can't complain

Sent from my EVO 4G LTE using Android Central Forums
    "Paint to live. Live to paint."

Quote Originally Posted by 4runner View Post
    I agree with mSecure. Works great and keeps passwords, website, credit card info, anything you want encrypted and can sync to Dropbox and between phone and computer. The phone app and separate desktop app need to be purchased separately, but it's been a lifesaver remembering those things.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    On top of that, mSecure even has the feature to generate strong passwords for you. Which can be easily copied from the app to paste onto your browser.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

HI, i would go for KeePass if it automatically detects the fields, fills in appropriate data then press the sign in button for me, can it or another Android application do that? I'm using Opera mobile and Dolphin.
    Opera for desktop can fill in that way pressing CTRL+ENTER.
    (not yet installed anything)
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast