questions about battery life
I did have some questions about the battery life of this phone and if my battery life is normal for this phone.
1. On average, what is normal,healthy battery life in this phone? 7 hours?
2. I feel like I'm not getting the most out of my phone if I treat it with kit gloves when it comes to having location services disabled and Google sync turned off and I have to manually do it. Doesn't that make Google now useless if I do that?
3. Is the phone supposed to lose a bit of battery when in idle/sleep mode? It says idle is taking about 10 percent of my battery.
Really, maybe I'm just used to iPhone battery life and I'm getting perfectly normal life on my nexus 4, but I just don't want to feel like I need to coddle this phone so I get acceptable battery life to get me through my day.
Any opinions or advice?
Re: questions about battery life
1. I average about 16 to 18 hours on a charge. Thats while about 2.5 hours of screen time. About half the day on wifi and the other half on HSPA
2. Honestly I keep all of that on; the only things I've turned off are location reporting in the Maps app, bluetooth, gps, and turned off sync for apps I don't use (Currents, Play Magazines, Play Movies, etc)
3. Yea you're going to lose battery while it's on idle, typically it's pretty small. If theres a large drain, then there might be an app waking up your phone during the night. I charge overnight tho, so I never really experienced it.