Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree4Likes
  • 3 Post By Greg C
  • 1 Post By morganmg
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Just ordered a Nexus 4!

Can't wait to receive it! Coming from an iPhone 5. Anything things I should do first or know?

Global Posts
    697 Global Posts

Default Re: Just ordered a Nexus 4!

Congratulations!!!

It comes fast -- mine shipped within 24 hours, and then I had it two days later.

If you are getting Tmobile, you might want to consider ordering the sim now. Tmobile sims ordered from their website take something like 5-8 business days, and mine took the full 8 BUSINESS days, so it was more like two weeks. I would even consider just paying the $12 or $15 for overnight shipping, (I wish I had) so you can track it. Google gives you 14 days to return, and even though I never would have returned mine, I still wish I had a functioning sim card during those first 14 days just in case.

The N4 is a glass slipper. I wouldn't go naked (Opinions differ on this matter). Get a good case.
    Banned

Global Posts
    4,378 Global Posts

You will not be able to get Data initially so make sure you use the correct APN settings if you're on AT&T. Also, make sure you have a nano sim adapter.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Get a screen protector and case!
    Nexus 6 (64GB), Moto X 32GB Pure, iPhone 6 Plus Unlocked, OnePlus One (64GB),Xperia Z2, LG G3, Lumia 925 8.1 Cyan, Nexus 5 (32GB), Moto X (32GB), Lumia 1020, Google Edition S4, Galaxy S4 (32GB), S4 Active, Nexus 4, Note 2, Galaxy S3, Galaxy Note (ATT), Galaxy Note Intl., Galaxy S2 Skyrocket, Nexus S, Atrix 2, Atrix, Galaxy S1 Captivate, Nexus 7 (32GB), iPad 4, Dell Venue Pro 8, iPad Air 2
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Does anyone know if I'll be able to stream music from my Nexus via Bluetooth to an Acura or a Porsche?

Quote Originally Posted by SC1 View Post
    Can't wait to receive it! Coming from an iPhone 5. Anything things I should do first or know?

Global Posts
    1,989 Global Posts
    ROM
    Android 5.1 Lollipop

Does anyone know if I'll be able to stream music from my Nexus via Bluetooth to an Acura or a Porsche?
    My Bentley doesn't have a problem.
    Current Device: Nexus 6 & Nexus Player

Current Carrier: Sprint

If you're going to root, do it first - you have to unlock the bootloader which wipes the device.

Look for the thread in this forum on best apps. The guy putting it together has done a great job.

Sent from my Nexus 4 on Solavei
    Ask me about Solavei.

You might miss the GLOBAL Badge Notifications of iOS (those little red #'s).
    Here's how to achieve it on Android--> [HOW-TO] Guide to Global Badge Notifications

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
    Thanked by:

ROM
    KK+Xposed+GB+Franco=Win

Quote Originally Posted by Lanhoj View Post
    You might miss the GLOBAL Badge Notifications of iOS (those little red #'s).
    Here's how to achieve it on Android--> [HOW-TO] Guide to Global Badge Notifications

^^^Awesome write up for stock! Or just flash one of the many roms that have the option (I have it on my current aokp pub build). I would DEFINITELY recommend unlocking it FIRST THING as runtmms advised. It is very simple to do and you will still be completely stock (check roms/hacks section stickies). Then if you decide to venture into the wonderful world of flashing, you can simply root it/install custom recovery and flash away without losing anything on your internal sd card (unlocking/relocking completely wipes the device as a security measure). Oh, and welcome!

Works with my two cars, a Ford and a Mazda. Don't see why yours would be a problem.

Welcome to the family!
    SC1 likes this.

Global Posts
    874 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Xoom, Nexus 4 AOKP

Quote Originally Posted by jd914 View Post
    You will not be able to get Data initially so make sure you use the correct APN settings if you're on AT&T. Also, make sure you have a nano sim adapter.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
    When I set my gf's up on AT&T I didn't have to do anything. Put the sim in and worked fine. Get around 3 down and 1 up of 3G. From what I have heard AT&T finally put the Nexus 4 in their system. This was with a brand new sim on a brand new account so that could be why though.

I'll let you know once I get em back from the dealer......I wish.
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #14  

So all I have to do is take the N4 to att, ask for a micro sim and ask them to activate it?

Global Posts
    874 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Xoom, Nexus 4 AOKP

So all I have to do is take the N4 to att, ask for a micro sim and ask them to activate it?
    I had no luck doing that. The reps at my AT&T store said the nexus wouldn't receive data on a prepaid plan, and that they couldn't activate it. Best thing to do is get a micro sim form them, should be free, take it home and activate it online. I was at that store twice, and both times they didn't know about the nexus 4, acted like it wouldn't work on AT&T, but were happy to try and sell me a phone on contract that was guaranteed to work lol.

I hate AT&T reps!

1st & 2nd bad experiences:
    I purchased a prepaid SIM for my GNex like a year ago & at the desk I asked if they can help me set it up - flat out "Nope, sorry. Maybe tech support if you call them from another phone" WTF?!
    So I called & when I said it was a GNex they said I'd need to Google it...really?!

3rd (final) bad experience:
    I went in & asked if they sold SIM adapters as I have devices that use Nano/Micro/Standard. Instead of a nice & simple "Nope" they had to say:
    Them: "We only sell SIM cards that fit properly"
    Me: "Well I need all 3 sizes, what then?!"
    Them: "You can get 3 SIM's & each time you swap switch your number online"
    I gave them such a disgusted look, removed my SIM, broke it in half & tossed it on the ground then as they watched I crossed the street & went to T-Mobile who happily cut my SIM twice to fit all sizes.

Good riddens to AT&T for life!